Author Topic: Avast! conflict with BitDefender updates?  (Read 5004 times)

kwg

Avast! conflict with BitDefender updates?
« on: April 01, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »
What does this warning from Avast! indicate?

[SBS2003]: AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/update71/avx/bdcore.dll.gzip? (C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PxB1F6E.tmp) returning error, 0000A444.

We are testing Avast! on Small Business Server but have some client computers using BitDefender. Since installation of Avast! on the server, the BitDefender clients have report sluggish performance.

Is the Avast! ISA plug-in detecting the BitDefender updates as a virus?

How can I correct this problem?

Yes, we are also testing Avast! on some of our clients and will consider purchase of all-Avast! solution. For now, though, we would like Avast! to cooperate nicely with BitDefender.

Ken

kwg

Re: Avast! conflict with BitDefender updates?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »
I think I have resolved this problem. I simply added upgrade.bitdefender.com on the Exceptions tab for the ISA provider.

Performance seems to be faster now on the BitDefender clients, but I'll wait to hear from the employees when they return to work later today. The sluggishness seems to have been at login, when BitDefender downloads its large virus definition file. The client computers may have appeared to hang while avast! scanned the BitDefender file at the server.

Ken