Author Topic: script blocker with mozilla  (Read 5464 times)

roo319

script blocker with mozilla
« on: April 02, 2005, 03:22:27 PM »
Hi

I installed mozilla1.7.6 yesterday and the scanned count in script blocker doesn't change, it does in IE.

When i start IE a splash screen appears and i check to see script blocker is working and it is.

When i start up Mozilla i get 2 splash screens , the first one is larger and then the second one appears which is the same screen as IE. When i check script blocker it doesn't change the scanned count.

I looked on the forum, help files but can't find anything to help me.

I am using Windows XP home edition with service pack 2.

I am using avast pro edition (trial).

Cheers roo :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: script blocker with mozilla
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 05:23:42 PM »
As far as I'm aware the script blocker doesn't work with Mozilla 1.7.6 or Firefox.

Mozilla 1.7.6 will also be the last release of this browser/email software from Mozilla, they will now be concentrating on the two stand alone products Firefox and Thunderbird.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

roo319

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:07:25 AM »
As far as I'm aware the script blocker doesn't work with Mozilla 1.7.6 or Firefox.

Mozilla 1.7.6 will also be the last release of this browser/email software from Mozilla, they will now be concentrating on the two stand alone products Firefox and Thunderbird.

Thanks DavidR

Cheers

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »
Sorry not to have been more helpful, I believe there have been a number of requests to enable script blocking with Firefox, I guess you could add your request.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

darth.mikey

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »
Doesn't work for me also :( But it's supposed to!!!!I hope alwill is gonna fix this soon ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 06:42:03 PM »
Doesn't work for me also :( But it's supposed to!!!!I hope alwill is gonna fix this soon ;)

Since I'm an avast Home user, I can't say for certain if the Pro version - Script Blocking will work or not with the Mozilla browser, however, if Mozilla isn't in the list of browsers were you can enable script blocking,

Extract from avast Help file:
avast! - help: resident protection
Resident Protection: Script Blocking - Protected Programs

Select the web browsers you want to enable the script checking for.

Possibly for the future, Alwil could look at incorporating the script blocking into or as an add-on of Web Shield (for Pro users?), then browser dependency might not be an issue (if web shield worked with a browser, so should script blocking)?

Just how this would be achieved would obviously require someone much smarter than I ;D

darth.mikey

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 10:59:23 AM »

Since I'm an avast Home user, I can't say for certain if the Pro version - Script Blocking will work or not with the Mozilla browser, however, if Mozilla isn't in the list of browsers were you can enable script blocking,

Extract from avast Help file:
avast! - help: resident protection
Resident Protection: Script Blocking - Protected Programs

Select the web browsers you want to enable the script checking for.

Possibly for the future, Alwil could look at incorporating the script blocking into or as an add-on of Web Shield (for Pro users?), then browser dependency might not be an issue (if web shield worked with a browser, so should script blocking)?

Just how this would be achieved would obviously require someone much smarter than I ;D
look i checked out the settings and i have script blocking enabled for mozilla , ie  and netscape so why isn't it working.Now here is the question could it be that another program is script blocking my mozilla(i have ms-antispyware) and is interfering with avast?i think i'll check it out!

darth.mikey

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:35:09 AM »
I tried turning script blocking off in ms antispyware.Still no luck!Ah well i'm sure alwill is gonna fix this soon ;)

roo319

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 02:38:15 PM »
Hi everyone

This is slightly off the topic i started.

Just wondering if i installed another scriptblocker say "script trap" would i have to turn off Script Blocking in Avast On-Access Protection control.

I am back to using firefox but the rest of the family uses IE 6 and i would like to leave Avast script blocking on.

Cheers roo ???
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 03:25:44 PM by roo319 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 03:24:46 PM »
Just wondering if i installed another scriptblocker say script defender would i have to turn off Script Blocking in Avast On-Access Protection control.

No, you don't have to uninstall or disable avast! Script Blocking in order to install, for instance, AnalogX Script Blocking...
The best things in life are free.

roo319

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 03:27:01 PM »
Thanks Technical

I will install AnologX and see how it goes

cheers
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 03:46:19 PM by roo319 »