Author Topic: How to uninstall avast ?  (Read 2452 times)

virgi

How to uninstall avast ?
« on: April 06, 2005, 01:55:26 PM »
Since last updates it is impossible to get emails there's always error and the machine can't run java either, so I'm sorry but I'd like to change my anti virus for a while. But that does not work either ; "a setiface error has occured: 2 contact support to reinstall" that's the message. Would you help me ? thanx

pierrotlefou

Re: How to uninstall avast ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:34:19 PM »
Hi virgi,

That's too bad indeed... Did you try avast! uninstall utility ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to uninstall avast ?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:46:35 PM »
Why not let us help you get things working?
If you have a firewall it is quite possible that it is blocking the updated Internet Mail provider and also the new web shield provider - ashMaiSv.exe and ashWebSv.exe must be allowed access to the internet.

- What OS are you using? is it up to date?
- What avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)
- What error messages are you getting they could help to pinpoint the problem.

I'm sorry but I'd like to change my anti virus for a while. But that does not work either ; "a setiface error has occured: 2 contact support to reinstall" that's the message.
- What where you doing when you got this error?

avast has an add remove programs entry to uninstall in common with windows programs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security