Author Topic: Windows 8 Question Regarding Avast  (Read 2280 times)

bikemanAMD

Windows 8 Question Regarding Avast
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
Hi All

About to setup a friends new laptop in a few hours, and she wants to use Avast instead of Windows Defender, now I know it automatically comes on I think after removing the trial Antivirus, is turning off Windows Defender manually a good idea before installing Avast 8.0.1489?   Just wanna make sure I do the install correctly for this friend is all. 

Thank you All in advance

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Windows 8 Question Regarding Avast
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:54:58 AM »
Hi All

About to setup a friends new laptop in a few hours, and she wants to use Avast instead of Windows Defender, now I know it automatically comes on I think after removing the trial Antivirus, is turning off Windows Defender manually a good idea before installing Avast 8.0.1489?   Just wanna make sure I do the install correctly for this friend is all. 

Thank you All in advance

That surely wouldn't hurt, however any time I have installed Avast, WD automatically disables itself.
But go ahead and disable manually if you like. :)

bikemanAMD

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:57:10 AM »
Thank you, appreciate the reply!!  Have a Great Evening

(Have Norton and Mcafee Removal Tools already on flash drive, since probably has those as Trials, and i'll make sure Windows Defender doesn't enable, if it does, disable, and install and setup Avast, and configure friends laptop properly.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:06:21 AM »
No worries, you're welcome.  :)