Author Topic: Installation of EP / SOA at remote locations  (Read 2101 times)

bkoncomps

Installation of EP / SOA at remote locations
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
I've got a main office that is setup wonderfully, all 25 computers are up and running and are being managed by the central system. I have now turned my eye to a branch office and would like those computers managed by the SOA running at the main office.

Has anyone had any experience doing this? I'm trying to figure out what type of setup will be required. I.e. Will I need a VPN setup? Can I just expose the ports on the managing computer and modify the installation link to point to the Public IP address?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Installation of EP / SOA at remote locations
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
I've got a main office that is setup wonderfully, all 25 computers are up and running and are being managed by the central system. I have now turned my eye to a branch office and would like those computers managed by the SOA running at the main office.

Has anyone had any experience doing this? I'm trying to figure out what type of setup will be required. I.e. Will I need a VPN setup? Can I just expose the ports on the managing computer and modify the installation link to point to the Public IP address?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

You are thinking right.
You can setup a VPN and use the internal VPN IP address/DNS if resolvable or open/forward port 25322 for TCP/UDP connections change the server address in the managed client with the public/external IP address/DNS.

Cheers