Author Topic: Sygate and Webshield error.  (Read 3168 times)

Arup

Sygate and Webshield error.
« on: April 13, 2005, 04:36:47 AM »
Another new problem with Sygate and Web Shield, after some time of surfing, whenever I open up multiple browsers, web shield would crash and I have to restart the system to get it working again. For example after running Opera, I would also open up Firefox and within minutes, webshield would crash and pop up with an option of sending error report. I tried terminating as well as pausing and restarting webshield from Avast control panel but no go, system has to be restarted to get it working again.

This phenomenon does not happen in case I am using other firewalls like Jetico, Kerio, ZA etc.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Sygate and Webshield error.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 11:39:32 AM »
Another new problem with Sygate and Web Shield, after some time of surfing, whenever I open up multiple browsers, web shield would crash and I have to restart the system to get it working again. For example after running Opera, I would also open up Firefox and within minutes, webshield would crash and pop up with an option of sending error report. I tried terminating as well as pausing and restarting webshield from Avast control panel but no go, system has to be restarted to get it working again.

This phenomenon does not happen in case I am using other firewalls like Jetico, Kerio, ZA etc.

Do you have some unpXXX.mdmp files generated in your <avast>\data\log folder?

Can you upload the file(s) to Alwil anonymous ftp server:
ftp://ftp.asw.cz/incoming

and send me an email about it?

After that, can you try to update to the latest pre-release (instruction are here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12320.0) and see if it helps.

Lukas.

Arup

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »
Done, check your FTP for a folder named Arup.

Arup

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 05:07:56 AM »
An update, after updating to beta 4.6.635, the problem seems to have gone away. Nice work Avast, Could not find another free ICS supporting and stable firewall like Sygate but was not willing to give up on Avast as well, was in a real dilemma.