Author Topic: Anti-Theft marks phone as Lost/Stolen every time i restart my phone - Droid DNA  (Read 4160 times)

nineoneo

Every time my phone starts avast automatically marks my phone as stolen/lost and have to unlock the phone, sometimes the only way to access the android settings (I have it set for all settings menu to be disabled) and the only way I can ever go into my settings is to go online and mark as lost, then mark as found again (only happens if I don't enter my code fast enough on start-up).

I've had this problem for atleast 3 months now, and I restart my phone as little as possible because of this, or end up disabling anti-theft If i know i'll be restarting it a lot. 

REDACTED

I have the exact same issue on the exact same phone.
It's driving me nuts
I have already uninstalled/reinstalled Avast and even deleted the Avast account and recreated it
I love Avast for all my mobile phones.

To answer an obvious question, yes the sim card was changed yesterday.
I swapped phones on my account, meaning I moved a card to a different phone, same Verizon account
After I do that I generally factory reset each phone and start fresh.

REDACTED

SMS messages say "A SIM card change was detected on blahs mobile phone.  The current phone number of the phone is the sender number of this SMS.  Details will follow once location tracking is done".

Then it is followed by a SIM change text giving the link to the avast website to see where the phone is, name of the phone and such and the correct IEMI and IMSI numbers.

VISHAL MATTA

SMS messages say "A SIM card change was detected on blahs mobile phone.  The current phone number of the phone is the sender number of this SMS.  Details will follow once location tracking is done".

Then it is followed by a SIM change text giving the link to the avast website to see where the phone is, name of the phone and such and the correct IEMI and IMSI numbers.