Author Topic: Can't install Anti-Theft  (Read 3233 times)

UdayMunagala

Can't install Anti-Theft
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »
Hi! I am using MICROMAX A110 CANVAS2 Mobile with JellyBean v4.1.1 , I am trying to install Anti-Theft app in my mobile.
I am trying to install the application from within "Avast Mobile Security" as follows:

Anti-Theft ---> Installation Mode (Advanced Installation Mode) ---> Root Installation (Check Box activated) ---> Continue ---> Gi ven a required name for App ---> Downloaded required packages (Automatically by Avast app) ---> Installation Mode ---> Direct Write Method (Selected) ---> Install

Here I am getting error as "couldn't write to /system directory(Permission denied). Retry (It is recommended to retry at least one time)?"
Clicked on "Yes" but repeats same error.

Tried using "Recovery Image Method" but it ends up creating a file "UPDATE.ZIP" in memory card and nothing happens from there.

Please give me the solution for this as I wanna enjoy all features of this product/app.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Can't install Anti-Theft
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 09:49:59 AM »
Hello,

it sounds like you phone isn't rooted or the installer doesn't get root privileges.
the phone needs to be rooted before you try a rooted installation.

it ends up creating a file "UPDATE.ZIP" in memory card and nothing happens from there.
that's the correct behaviour. you need to enter the recovery system of your phone and flash the update.zip from there to install it (if you'd like to use this install method)

Regards,

Werner

kobbino

Re: Can't install Anti-Theft
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »
That's my problem too.. But I'm still having problems trying to root my phone... I have the update.zip file but I don't understand how i can "flash" my phone with that file... could you please explain more?
I'm using a Samsung galaxy S3 mini...

Thanks in advance,

Kobbino
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:43:18 PM by kobbino »