Author Topic: shortcut links-made by me slows down while openinig it  (Read 5908 times)

troubleshooting

shortcut links-made by me slows down while openinig it
« on: April 17, 2005, 06:02:19 PM »
I had made a I had made a shortcut links to my one of my drive as well as the folder shortcut in my desktop.And when i open the shortcut it takes time to open the folder as well as my drive it takes abt 2 mins to open... >:( i guess it the prob with avast,coz it scans while it opens the folder or files that what standard shiled is i belive soo..

Any way i have defragemented my all my drives very well and every week i do it...using O&O Defragementer 8.0V Pro.

Any solution for it...i guess i can't just disable all the setting of standard itself?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: shortcut links-made by me slows down while openinig it
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:54:26 AM »
The question is: does it help when you stop the Standard Shield before opening the drive? If yes, what is it scanning?

troubleshooting

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 08:08:34 PM »
The question is: does it help when you stop the Standard Shield before opening the drive? If yes, what is it scanning?

Well i had paused the standard shiled...then it is fine..but i only have prob that i have created a shortcut link for my drive that is my i: drive partition which i had made a link into my desktop even i have a folder called lets say "abc" where located in i:drive partion and i had made a shortcut link on to my desktop...while opening those links which i made...is taking time to open the folder as well as my other link to one of my drive...hope u understod my prob.. :)

troubleshooting

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 08:15:01 PM »
well i probaly missed one ans that u said what it scans well i have many files on my folder...such  as exe,rar,zip et.c which may be abt 30-50mb file size each...abt the drive...it's just the folders what contains some large avi files...like 700mb and then some dvd files too..but still it is fast only when i open it from my computer and access the drive..coz if i had clicked the  shortcut link which i made on the desktop..it would take time to open the drive..only click on the shortcut link that i had made on the desktop creates that prob... ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:27:52 PM »
Toubleshooting, folders with big archive files (exe, rar, zip etc.) could take some time to open when Standard Shield is set to 'High' sensitivity (open/created/modified files are scanned). The same will occur with large avi files in this situation.
Am I understanding you that if you open the folder into Windows Explorer it's ok but when you use the link for it not?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

troubleshooting

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:34:47 PM »
Toubleshooting, folders with big archive files (exe, rar, zip etc.) could take some time to open when Standard Shield is set to 'High' sensitivity (open/created/modified files are scanned). The same will occur with large avi files in this situation.
Am I understanding you that if you open the folder into Windows Explorer it's ok but when you use the link for it not?  ::)

but my friend i had disabled all that options in standard shield of open/created/modified files and it is in custom mode not in high sensitivity..still the same prob.. ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 08:42:55 PM »

but my friend i had disabled all that options in standard shield of open/created/modified files and it is in custom mode not in high sensitivity..still the same prob.. ???

In order for the Custom sensitivity to stick the settings must be at least the equivalent of High, otherwise it will drop to high. So yes I would assume the same problem would exist.

What are his exact customized settings?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 11:02:32 PM »
In order for the Custom sensitivity to stick the settings must be at least the equivalent of High, otherwise it will drop to high. So yes I would assume the same problem would exist.
But David, disabling all that options in standard shield of open/created/modified files as he said is indeed a modification and the slider will be at 'Custom' level... Am I wrong?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 01:03:35 AM »
It is some time since I tried that back with avast 4.1 and as far as I can remember it kept dropping back to High. Perhaps I need to try it again for 4.6 when I'm off-line.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 01:17:10 AM »
It is some time since I tried that back with avast 4.1 and as far as I can remember it kept dropping back to High. Perhaps I need to try it again for 4.6 when I'm off-line.
Oh, I see, the behavior changed a lot since 4.1, specially about the sensitivity and default values...