Author Topic: Not Malware related (Battery)  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Not Malware related (Battery)
« on: July 29, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
Hello. A while back I installed Avast! on my iPod. Which is close to 2-3years old. The battery drains normally after 3 days of regular usage. With Avast, it'll drain is after 1 day whithout me touching it. Is their a way I can get rid of Avast? I've been a long term user on the PC, but my iPod isn't ready for Avast.

Any help is awesome.

Thanks
Michael
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Not Malware related (Battery)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »
Hello,

what app exactly did you install on your ipod?
avast! is our company's name. the product names are for example "avast! Mobile Security" or "avast! backup"

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »
Secureline. I got it off the Avast homepage.
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

kevpan815

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:19:50 AM »
Secureline. I got it off the Avast homepage.

If you read my conversation with Jan (the Avast Moderator for the IOS Secure Line Sub-Forum), all IOS Devices (IPhones, IPads, and IPod Touches) have the same Battery Drain Problem with Avast Secure Line for IOS.

kevpan815

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 07:24:31 AM »
Hello,

what app exactly did you install on your ipod?
avast! is our company's name. the product names are for example "avast! Mobile Security" or "avast! backup"

Just FYI, IPod Touches run Apple IOS Operating Systems as well, although only the 5th Generation IPod Touch will be getting the Apple IOS 7.0 Upgrade, the 4th Generation IPod Touch will be Frozen at Apple IOS 6.1.3.

kevpan815

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »
Hello. A while back I installed Avast! on my iPod. Which is close to 2-3years old. The battery drains normally after 3 days of regular usage. With Avast, it'll drain is after 1 day whithout me touching it. Is their a way I can get rid of Avast? I've been a long term user on the PC, but my iPod isn't ready for Avast.

Any help is awesome.

Thanks
Michael

by the way, there was another question posted about removing Secure Line (without the Leftovers) which has so far gone unanswered by Avast, and I have been finding other posts about duplicate topics, even if it does NOT seem like a duplicate, so all I am asking is that we try to avoid Duplicate Posts if possible. otherwise I will have to contact Jan and request that the Duplicate Topics be Merged.