Author Topic: How do i get rid of "m.bingoodthingshappen.com/t/?ilme<...>"?  (Read 2947 times)

wcanada

How do i get rid of "m.bingoodthingshappen.com/t/?ilme<...>"?
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:31:38 AM »
Keeps asking me to up grade my "media Player HD"

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How do i get rid of "m.bingoodthingshappen.com/t/?ilme<...>"?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »
more info....
how / when / where do you see this

FLguy

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:22:39 AM »
bingoodthingshappen makes pop ups open even when no browser is open. It says stupid things like your media player is compromised, update now and there's a huge UPDATE button. So far it hasn't done any major damage but there are a bunch of phony looking pages on blogspot that describe it as a nasty virus that must be eradicated immediately. Then they go on to tell you to open your registry and delete a bunch of files - as if...

Help deleting this thing that scooted past avast and straight into my computer would be greatly appreciated.

FLguy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:31:11 AM »
Latest news: Something has taken over my hotmail account. Now I have to try to get back into it.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
hey please follow this guide and attach the logs (adwclener,mbam,otl and aswmbr)

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

a malware expert will help you from there. 
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

FLguy

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
I was thinking that you guys at avast are the experts at malware and viruses, and that your software stops 99.9% of them from infecting machines. But it sounds like you don't know what I'm talking about? Hmm - that's not very reassuring.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to run through the diagnostics suggested and contact someone from Malware etc., so I opted for a System Restore and deleted/reinstalled Firefox, which seemed to be the browser affected. So far so good.

If you guys get time, can you look into the virus we've reported? I don't think it's extremely dangerous (didn't wipe the C drive or anything) but it's very annoying.

Thanks

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Without analysing your system we are unable to determine what was causing this, however it has the appearance of a suborned addon in Firefox