Author Topic: comment re:skin for latest version of avast!  (Read 6175 times)

Offline chameleon

comment re:skin for latest version of avast!
« on: May 01, 2005, 10:30:14 AM »
Hi,

This is a minor issue.. :) ..the "skin" for the latest version of avast! looks like a wafer biscuit. No offence to whoever created it.. :-\

I had wondered that since no one mentioned it, that I can see,    if the format is just wacky on my computer?

I am looking now for a new one to download.

Cheers.

chameleon.

Offline xistenz

• Poster
Re: comment re:skin for latest version of avast!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 12:39:34 PM »
http://www.avast.com/eng/skins.html

Can you post a screenshot of what your skin looks like?

Offline chameleon

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 02:50:11 PM »
I found that the skin only looks weird when I log into avast! as an adminstrator from a regular account (XP).  I always scan as admin and I didn't have this issue with previous versions of avast!

I have not posted  a screenshot before so I hope this turns out okay.

P.S: And don't know how to crop images either, but there is the wafer biscuit for you to see!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 02:54:40 PM by chameleon »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »
Chameleon, this skin is for 'weak' monitors and video cards (old ones).
Why don't you try a superior skin and enable transparency effects?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 02:55:53 PM »
From the menu of the Simple User Interface, you can click on Select Skin, here you will see the name of the skin in use and have the link to get more skins.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chameleon

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 02:58:34 PM »
Hello Technical and David.

Wow! That was swift!

Yes, I will change to another skin, however if I scan as a regular user the skin shows normally, as the blue default one.

I thought it may be a buggy thing.

I'll let you know if the issue persists.

Offline chameleon

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 03:10:03 PM »
okay. Issue seems solved now.

Im trying the "spiderman" skin at present.  :)

And that pirate one looks fairly wild too.  :D

Thanx.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 03:16:23 PM »
Im trying the "spiderman" skin at present.  :)
Wow... you've gone from the simplest one to a very complex one...  :D
By the way, I can't see your avatar, just a box with a red x in it  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 03:28:08 PM »
P.S: And don't know how to crop images either, but there is the wafer biscuit for you to see!

Most imaging software has a Crop Tool, it is usually a case of selecting the area you want to keep, select edit and crop selection.

If you don't have any image editing software there are a number of freeware programs out there. The IrfanView software is very basic and I mostly use it to convert (import and export) different file formats, but it will do the job, see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chameleon

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 03:32:33 PM »
Technical: I think that's because SZC had the picture stored on his space and maybe something happened that end. I just restored it ( I finally worked out how to use photobucket ->  :-[ ) what can I say! I am a text-based person!

SZC, if you see this, did you want to send me a "chameleon" with your sig. at the bottom, as the other one had?

David: Thanks for the tips. I don't usually work with images. For now my humble little desktop's "forks and knives" are there for the world to see.  :o

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 02:54:03 AM »
Hello Chameleon  :) ... long time since I spoke to you my friend, where were you lately ?

Regarding that "wafer biscuit" skin, it's name is Low Res skin and it's created by Alwil guys, Martin I think. As it's name says, it's low res and it's recommended for low-resource systems. Try other skins, there is a plenty of all kind of skins in avast! download section.

As far as your avatar goes, I think it's fine this way too... you don't have to have my signature unless you speciafically want one. In case you still want the old one, just visit my forum's avatar galery here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8340.0

Just scroll down and you'll hit your old avatar... hope this helps !

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline chameleon

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 04:55:29 AM »
Thanx szc. I am still around.  :) Just busy. 

I have now downloaded loads of skins and am enjoying the fun of the random option.  :D