Author Topic: New AntiSpyware is here. Opinions?  (Read 7135 times)

kamulko

New AntiSpyware is here. Opinions?
« on: May 01, 2005, 03:41:02 PM »
From the neighbors of Alwil House, a new Anti Spyware. I have installed the trial setup and I'm tryng.  ::)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
Re: New AntiSpyware is here. Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:55:55 PM »
is it in english and where do u download it at?bri

kamulko

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 03:59:56 PM »
After the automatic update at launch. Spy Emergency has updated the list of my host files with an enormous number of entries... It run not too quickly... sensible resources use is visible when I try to open other applications... Don't seems to conflict with other programs exept 1 curious event: the task bar icon of Win Patrol disappeared.

kamulko

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »
 www.spy-emergency.com

multilanguage. also in english.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 04:40:22 PM »
The review I just found isn't very incouraging:
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Where do i start!First it gives you one free update 1 time and the trial is for 15 days.It took way to long to scan.Then i uninstalled it and it wouldnt completely and then left me with errors.So i had to use winpatrol to disable the program in the start menu then manually find all the files and delete each one

Also remember that this is NOT FREE.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 02:58:15 AM »
i did a scan and it said it found a trojandownloader,i moved it to the cage(vault,chest)i guess the drawback would be its not free and only 15 day trial.bri

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 03:08:05 AM »
i did a scan and it said it found a trojandownloader,i moved it to the cage(vault,chest)i guess the drawback would be its not free and only 15 day trial.bri
Bri, take care. Most of 'new' detections are false positive.
Programs promisse much that they could do. The user thinks: more detection, more security.
You'll be wise if you could reach the target!
Spybot and Ad-aware do it for free  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 03:47:28 AM »
i scanned that file with a2 squared,ewido,avast and a website jotti and nothing was found???? ???

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 03:54:44 AM »
file name-
trojandownloader win32 winsh(this is all i could see on this line)
hkey_current_user_\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet+settings\zonemap\ranges\range1@*
(dont know what or if it is anything but i figured ill list it and maybe somebody knows,)bri

kamulko

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 07:23:33 AM »
file name-
trojandownloader win32 winsh(this is all i could see on this line)
hkey_current_user_\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet+settings\zonemap\ranges\range1@*
(dont know what or if it is anything but i figured ill list it and maybe somebody knows,)bri

Is a sign of the game zone of msn/usa. Is a real danger, I think! I tried to sign in 'cause play chess game (it place also an activeX in IE)... and I had a dramatic increase of annoyng objects (please, note: I disabled completely the messenger first of my subscription, the service not MSN!). I agree with various opinion: poor interface graphic, slow scanning engine, etcetera. But this program had not found malwares on my PC.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 07:25:12 AM by Kamulko! »

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 06:02:32 PM »
I think I'll give this a miss  ;) In the past I've tried many AV programs, and been impressed that they found things that Avast!,  Spybot  &  Ad-Aware didn't.  As Technical said:

Most of 'new' detections are false positive.
Programs promisse much that they could do. The user thinks: more detection, more security.
No harm in testing it out, but I've learnt the hard way in the past.I am very happy with Avast! latest Home Ed. at the moment, and wouldn't change a thing  ;D  Each to their own.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 08:24:50 PM »
im happy with avast to and will always use avast(antivirus program)but spy emergency is a spyware program that im trying out.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 08:44:51 PM »
Spy emergency is a spyware program that im trying out.
Did you already tried SpyBot, Ad-aware and SpywareBlaster? If not, I'll begin with them and not other ones...
The best things in life are free.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 10:07:58 PM »
i use them now technical,i just like to try different programs sometimes)
my main security ones are-avast,zone alarm,spywareblaster,spybot s&d,ad aware ,ewido,ccleaner,bazooka,all free programs(i know im cheap) ;D