Author Topic: Hello! Need Help with question about Disabled archive files in scan  (Read 2641 times)

shadowsnake

I imagine this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the search. When running a scan, the display always shows "Archive Files- Disabled" in the middle of the status display onscreen when scanning. Does this mean it is not scanning these files? How do I enable it? I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't find an option for it in the interface. I'm running Windows 98 with Spyware blaster, GoGo toolbar, Bazooka, Spybot, and Spydoctor 3.2. I just downloaded Avast yesterday, so I'm not totally familiar with it yet. Any help is appreciated. :-\
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 09:26:18 PM by shadowsnake »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The on-demand scanning of archive files is disabled and you can allow it with the slider.

The on-acess (resident) scanning of archive files with Standard Shield provider is enabled by default in High and Normal sensitivity levels. You can change in the Customized level, unchecking files to be scanned on open/create/modify.

Will this help?
Welcome to avast forums  8)
The best things in life are free.

MFB

Hi there, you can also run avast!, go to MENU, click settings, unchecked the box that saids "Enable Skin for users interface" close avast! and run it again and you'll see a box that saids "Type of scan", check the box that has "Scan archives" in it and click settings and check the "Enable Skin for users interface" again if you want to you skin come back on.  Then close avast! or begin scanning.