Author Topic: New version problem  (Read 5539 times)

jupo

New version problem
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »
I use avast! Mobile Security on my Prestigio PAP4040 Duo phone for about 6 months and it worked smoothly - until I upgraded it to  the new   130816-00  version 4 days ago.  As I started virus scan, the programm scanned 6 objects and then scans and scans for hours object called avast Mobile Security. Phone restart  didnĀ“t help, nor re-installation of Avast! from Google play.  May I ask for your advice please?

Thanks a lot.

Jupo

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
Re: New version problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
Thanks a lot for your report! We are currently analyzing the problem with the highest priority. Can you send us logs from your device, please? Install AMS, bring it into the hanged state, go to Settings -> About -> Send Feedback and check everything on the page. Post here a name you've entered into the "Your name" field so I can find it.

Alternatively, you can just send me logs from your device, but that's quite a lot of work if you already don't have it setup.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:04 PM »
Hi,

it's better to post the ticket ID you will receive to your email (if the one you provided is valid) to preserve your privacy :)

Filip

Offline Tonanet

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Its also happened to me. In a galaxy S device.

However I just uninstallled and re installed again, waited for both scans (privacy and virus scan) to finish and after that it worked without a problem.

After the scans I installed the anti theft, run update definitions, etc.

When I got this problem, I was doing other things like trying to update definitions, installing anti theft, etc

Thanks for your time.

Erebus

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 01:58:23 AM »
I have this issue and it may explain the sudden battery drain as well. I will try the uninstall/reinstall option and see what happens. So wish they had left the app as it was. :(

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »
Bugs happen. Before sending the feedback, could any of you please create an empty file named "avast-debug" on your SD card/external memory and restart your phone? It'll cause avast to create lots of debug logs and might help us to solve the problem. Thanks!

Erebus

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
A fresh install has at least resulted in no scan freezes so far with this latest AMS app, which is a huge plus. On the downside, now that it's working, the scanning process seems so much slower than with the previous version of the app, which to date was the best mobile AV I had ever encountered. The other issues I have mentioned elsewhere are still there of course, but I am hoping that if enough of us point out what a backward step this latest version is that we'll get a roll back. No harm in dreaming I guess. :)

I remember when CA destroyed the great VET AV program that was originally developed here in Australia. Users bailed on CA like rats from a sinking ship, so I hope this blip on Avast!'s radar is soon resolved so they don't suffer a similar exodus.

jupo

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
It works again.

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »
Erebus, our only goal is to have as many satisfied users as possible and then possibly to offer them something paid atop of the free part, if they don't mind. If they do, we will change it. We won't roll back. We will fix usability issues and move forward.

Nothing from the free version was moved to the paid premium part. All the hate is a result of "not having all the features there". I mean on the dashboard. We are going to change it.

We aren't an evil force with some strange dark motivations. We certainly listen to our users and welcome any kind of discussion.

jupo

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
... go to Settings -> About -> Send Feedback and check everything on the page. Post here a name you've entered into the "Your name" field so I can find it.

I did it finally.   Name is Jupo.

But scanning runs again, thanks for the repair, as it downloaded some data at start.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:21:41 PM by jupo »

jupo

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »
Could  you please create an empty file named "avast-debug" on your SD card/external memory and restart your phone? It'll cause avast to create lots of debug logs and might help us to solve the problem. Thanks!

I can not create a file named  "avast-debug" .   May it be  "avast-debug.txt"    ?

Jupo

Erebus

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 01:43:30 AM »

We aren't an evil force...

I never once suggested that you were. I intimated greed, but I never said evil. :)

Will check out the fixed version once it's available. Any ETA on that?

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »

We aren't an evil force...

I never once suggested that you were. I intimated greed, but I never said evil. :)

Will check out the fixed version once it's available. Any ETA on that?

Really soon  8)

svehlak

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
Concerning the avast-debug file - just create it via shell (or teminal emulator app): touch /mnt/sdcard/avast-debug or echo > /mnt/sdcard/avast-debug. I am not sure if other apps are able to create file without extension, but may be ES file commander can do that. You should restart the device after creating the file.