Author Topic: Avast! x AVG Free  (Read 4071 times)

wetabax

Avast! x AVG Free
« on: May 05, 2005, 07:40:20 AM »
Dear users.

In many clients computers (ca. 10) I used the facility to scan online by internet (pandasoftware.com) all HDs/partitions. They had installed AVG new free version in their computers. From each 3, two were infected with all sort of viruses (mydoom, netsky, a brazilian bankfake homepage and others) and AVG was perfectly updated and functional.

Unfortunately I deleted all mails I sent to AVG with viruses attached.

Same result I had, when I made first scan after uninstall AVG and install Avast! in their computers.

SO was Win98 in most of them.

Does someone of you have same results comparing both softs?

Sorry about my "english" - I hope you all understand what I meant.

Regards,

Walter Tabax
Sao Paulo / BR

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast! x AVG Free
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:31:07 PM »
They had installed AVG new free version in their computers. From each 3, two were infected with all sort of viruses (mydoom, netsky, a brazilian bankfake homepage and others) and AVG was perfectly updated and functional.

Hello, we're near!  8)
No antivirus is perfect and detect everything. I'm not warned that the AVG detection of the free version is lower than the paid version. Maybe.
What can I say (and a lot of others too, see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13226.msg111955#msg111955, for instance) is that avast! is much better, functional and trustable than AVG free nowadays.
Unfortunatelly, in Brazil, a lot of merchandising around AVG does not allow the truth to rise. AVG has a brazilian webpage and the brazilian store always send to newspapers and other sites its advertisements in reviews (independent?  ;)), etc.
Trust avast!  8)
The best things in life are free.

wetabax

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:24:14 PM »
Yes, you are right. I saw nowadays in a big Newspaper "Folha de Sao Paulo" a long half side report, about AVG etc. When I tell my clients about Avast! everybody makes a doubt skin, never heard about.

Isn't a way to first begin with a brazilian Avast! forum? I think this would be a first good step.

Regards

walter
sao paulo/sp
brasil

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 07:54:41 PM »
Isn't a way to first begin with a brazilian Avast! forum? I think this would be a first good step.
Yes but Alwil does not host another forum languages. We will need to have a web space and keep it alive.
This is not easy as we 'work' here for free all the time. Very few users (even brasilian ones) have fidelity to the forum  :-\ :'(
The best things in life are free.