Author Topic: Anti-Theft e informa Command timed out  (Read 2861 times)

vovoRN

Anti-Theft e informa Command timed out
« on: September 05, 2013, 12:52:27 AM »
Realizo o comando de localização do Anti-Theft e informa Command timed out.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Anti-Theft e informa Command timed out
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »
Hello,
I suppose you already  executed "Fix connection problems" in Anti-Theft -> avast! Account
further diagnosis on my end is hardly possible without direct access to the device.

But - I have some hints for you:
- disconnect from the online account and reconnect from within Anti-Theft (Anti-Theft -> avast! Account)
- try to connect through different internet connections (other WiFi's for example)
- make sure you have the latest Version of avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed.
- if you can't manage to connect  to the online account it's not /that/ bad. In case of emergency - when the phone gets lost - I would recommend using SMS commands anyway. They are much more reliable and work even without internet access.

SMS commands and how to use them are explained in our manual:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

I also experience some commands not going through on my private device. If I try a day or an hour later - it works. The problem isn't on your, or our side.
It's Google Cloud to Device Messaging - a service provided by google that we use to communicate with the installation.
Sometimes the command messages don't make it to the device and the command just times out. Or the command message arrives at the device, the command is executed - but the return message (confirming the reception) doesn't arrive at the server.
It's actually a google problem - we can hardly improve this.

regards,
Werner

vovoRN

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »
Obrigado pela resposta.
O celular só é localizado pelo Anti-theft na minha rede WI-FI, vou entrar em outros redes WI-FI e analisar.
"problemas de conexão FIX" Não localizei essa função no celular.

leslieponachik

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 02:14:33 AM »
Hi..
Sorry about my english, I speak Spanish.

Today someone stole my cell and then I tried to logg in on avast web, but said the same thing: command timed out. I logged with facebook, because the password that I remember says is incorrect. I need to recover my password (I remember my pin that I used to unlock apps), but I need the password to send a SMS to lock and locate my cell.

PLEASE help me!!! In Uruguay the police never do anything and the only way is finding my cell with avast o samsung app- (I have a galaxy S3)

Thanks!

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
please stick to one thread. I deleted your other two, identical, threads.

leslieponachik

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »

Ok, no problem, I posted in another post because this isnt mine.
Can you help me please with my question? I really need do that ASAP because the people who stoled me have my cellphone.

Thanks!