Author Topic: Y-Axis ps/2 usb mouse freezes MOUCLASS.SYS & MOUHID.SYS NOT SIGNED  (Read 50690 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Y-Axis ps/2 usb mouse freezes MOUCLASS.SYS & MOUHID.SYS NOT SIGNED
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
I meant fully uninstall comodo as it will have residual drivers still running

At this stage I feel you have a system problem so you would be best reinstalling windows

CAS159

« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »
Can I do that and still retain my program files, settings, and configurations or will I need to start all over, as I think I will.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2013, 10:06:20 PM »

CAS159

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2013, 01:05:59 AM »
I will get started on the Repair Install tomorrow.  I will back up on my usb F Drive.
Earlier I found two hpzipm12.exe with one running so I terminated and blocked it with Comodo.
I don't have a HP printer any more and I've read that controls the Printer Control Language but it can be corrupted.  I scanned it with Avast and it was negative.

CAS159

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »
How will the "repair install" deal with the external usb F drive.  It will not be recognized because it must be off during startup.  Further there are updates on the F drive.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »
Once the repair is complete then plugging in the F drive will recognise it.  Why do you have updates on that drive ?

CAS159

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2013, 10:46:19 AM »
MS put the updates sub directory there.  i completed the Repair Install about 1pm Sunday.  Now I am stuck with IE6 and XPsp2, and spent the day trying to solve it.  To begin with I get this error I've posted in a JPG.  When I go to the start menu up to Windows Update, third tab from the top, The error message, "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context", comes up.  I can't access "update.microsoft.com" with IE6.
I've had error messages with IE6 updating to IE8 and SP3 without IE update.  I am running "sfc /scannow" at 4:34am Monday morning.
Earlier today, 8pm, I got rid of "Symatec LiveUpdate" and "LiveReg" using Norton_Removal_Tool.
WinFax PRO (wfxsvc), uses these files and I found
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us;jsessionid=D7DD3D7458C7C52F42C78BB9D5F5D686.4?entsrc=redirect_pubweb&pvid=f-home

Anyway I told the Norton Removal program not to get rid of everything in WinFax and when I rebooted I got a blue toolbar at the bottom of my screen and the Y-axis problem returned.
I feel like getting rid of WinFax completely and doing another Repair Install.

I just tried the Window Update, as on the JPG image at 5:01am, and my y-axis froze until I hit the enter key for the message. I don't want to go anywhere on the web with this vulnerability without the updates.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:23:32 AM by CAS159 »

CAS159

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
I'm pasting an Avast Scan log.

CAS159

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
I've also been getting a "SnagIt 7" error.  Usually when I start SnagIt 7 I get a message to update which I decline because the upgrade cost.  Now I get these errors I've posted.  After I click the first small one then the second blank one comes up and I can't get rid of it.

CAS159

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »
I did another Repair Install tonight.  At the end as the first time I had a "Please Wait...' which took so long I rebooted.  This second time the message lasted 3 hours before I rebooted.  Then I tried to install IE8 and received the first message I've attached. 
Next I tried to install "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU" two times after the third time shutting down Avast, Comodo, and MCShield and opening my USB F drive and disabling the sleep mode.  The same second error message appeared.
I'm still getting error when I try to access on my menu or use IE6 to the web page for Windows Update, "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context".
I'm still getting the "SnagIt 7" error.
I need something to overcome these errors.

CAS159

« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2013, 10:58:28 AM »
I tried to install "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU" for the third time and I got a new message.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2013, 04:13:48 PM »
I would suggest a full re-install as there is something wrong with that windows installation which could take forever and a day to track down

CAS159

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »
If I do that on my own can I backup program files on my usb drive?  Basically how can I do that on my own and preserve my system?  Is there a link for that?  I'm one step away from sending it to a shop that will probably wipe the drive after I tell them to do a repair install.
On top of all this I'm trying to move out, September 15th was the end of lease, to a house so I can have a separate largest room for all my desks and computer equipment and I've stalled to fix my computer.  I have to port my phone number over to the new address soon.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:22:13 PM by CAS159 »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2013, 10:39:44 PM »
Yes you can copy all the data you need to save to a USB drive and then place it back latter, you will need to re-install programmes so ensure that you keep the licences backed up

A method for doing this is here http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/173729-reformat-and-install-of-windows/

CAS159

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2013, 03:36:52 AM »
Success.  MS just installed 121 updates from that yellow shield icon after I installed XPxp3 "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU", IE8, and four other updates  stored on my drive;
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2876315)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB2870699)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2864063)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2876217)

Windows Update on my Start Menu does not function as before and when I access FAQ I find XPsp3 is not on their list of OS it will update.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:53:35 AM by CAS159 »