Author Topic: Getting hold of Avast Mobile  (Read 2034 times)

Oldster

Getting hold of Avast Mobile
« on: September 15, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »
Greetings. First post, new member.  I want to get Avast Mobile on to my Samsung GT-i9300.  I do not want to open a Google account (too many intimate questions) and I do not want to send my banking details into the ether without protection on the phone.  I did look into the Play store, but am not allowed to download the free version without creating a Google account.  The Avast site just throws me back to the Play store.  The air in here is blue.  I sought the free version to protect my details while buying the Premium version.  Is there a way to dowload some sort of Avast Mobile file to my Avast protected PC and pay via my PC then transfer the file, or whatever, to the phone, please?  As a doddery old so-and-so I am struggling to master the phone itself without needing extra hassle.  Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.  I am already very impressed by the vast amount of knowledge and experience offered by other forum members.

Phase two - I have gone for Kaspersky instead.  Problem solved.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:30:43 PM by Oldster »

REDACTED

Re: Getting hold of Avast Mobile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
Hallo,

I changed also to Kaspersky because Kasperski works without fu... Google Account!

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:58:06 AM »
Hey you need a google account, To be able to download pass fr.o.m. Google play. The apps are free fr.o.m. Chargé. So you dont need the give a bank account at all.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
Well you need google account for downloading the application from Google Play, but you do not need it for having avast on your phone (until you will buy it); you can also download apk from http://apk.ff.avast.com/AvastMobileSecurity.apk