Author Topic: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED (linking Anti-Theft to my username and phone number)  (Read 2332 times)

blankface

I lost my phone a few weeks ago, and aVast would have saved me, I am sure, (I had previously tested the Anti-Theft features, so I know it would have) but I had a battery low condition on my phone, and therefore GPS had been automatically disabled on my phone.  I never recovered it.  Not aVast's fault, mine for losing it and not paying attention, but that does bring me to my current situation.

I filed an insurance claim with Asurion, and they sent me a replacement phone.  I installed Avast on this phone also, but Anti-Theft is not completely installing because I am not able to link my username to my phone number.  This is a different device (same make and model of phone, obviously a different SIM card) and I am receiving an error when I attempt to set up Anti-Theft on my phone.  It is a Samsung Stratosphere, just like the one I lost.  I am asked for a username (which is my email address) and my phone number.  I reside in the USA, so my phone number begins with +1 since aVast needs it in international format.  When I type my phone number in as directed, and then click "Sign In", I receive the popup message "AUTHENTICATION_FAILED" (obviously, without the quotes). 

I do not recall having a similar difficulty with setting up my phone with aVast the first time.  Can anybody offer me some advice for how to proceed?

Relevant details regarding Android version and phone model:

Samsung Stratosphere SCH-I405
Kernel version:  2.6.35-7-1166013
                          se.infra@SEP-49 #2
                          Thu Mar 21 10:24:33 KST  2013

Thanks in advance.

REDACTED

Re: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED (linking Anti-Theft to my username and phone number)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:14:55 AM »
hello,

i have samsung galaxy s i9000 with android 2.3.6 rooted stock rom.

i solved the problem by removing google play related updates.

go to:
settings -> apps -> app manager -> "downloaded"

tap these:
-google play services
-hangouts
-google search
-any google related app (execpt google play)

then, remove the updates OR remove the app's itself.

i hope it will work for you.