Author Topic: IS IT SAFE TO DELETE HELP!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5761 times)

adkel

IS IT SAFE TO DELETE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 02, 2003, 02:49:11 AM »
 :-\ hi there

since i had the swen virus, i have all these tmp files when i open windows explorer and go windows, there are heaps of these files, is it safe to delete them or not.
plus i have been using my internet explorer and then internet options to get rid of cookies and tempory files, but when i go back into windows explorer there is still heaps there. is it also safe to delete files out of the temp folder and temporary interent folders.

plus since having that virus my msn keeps coming up with a error box and disconnecting, even if u debug it.

can anyone help please.

Thanks adkel

techie101

Re:IS IT SAFE TO DELETE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 11:06:35 PM »
adkel,

This might help you.  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html
Make sure that the link contains the @mm.html when you put it into your browser.  Sometimes the way I enter the link, cuts off the end.  Still can't get that right.  Oh well.

By the way, how did you discover the swen virus aka w32.swenA?

Do you use Avast?  If so, Avast should have displayed the files in the scan and then give you a choice as to how you wanted the files handled.

Anyway, the swen propagates itself using the email client and can wreck havoc with anti-virus software.

Read through the article I provided, then jump over to their support page to locate the virus cleaner that Symantec has for the swen.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 11:09:03 PM by techie101 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:IS IT SAFE TO DELETE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 05:19:16 AM »
The best things in life are free.