Author Topic: AppLocking problems...  (Read 1427 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
AppLocking problems...
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
1. Global app unlocking
I dont know if this is a limitation of avast! or the OS itself, but when i unlock 1 app, all other apps also get unlocked. For example i have settings and Authenticator locked and if i view settings, Authentiator will also be freely accessible. Which is kinda problematic because it unnecessary exposes sensitive info even though id idn't want to release it, especially in connection with the second issue below...

2. Apps not getting locked again even after set time expires
If i unlock the app, it won't lock itself back after 5 seconds (after being closed). I have to turn off the screen and then it gets locked. Otherwise it will stay unlocked probably forever (haven't really timed it, but it was way longer than 15 seconds).

3. When i'm using AppLocking, when i unlock the screen, desktop is raised like i want to re-arrange the screens. Doesn't ever happen if i have AppLocking disabled in avast!. But also doesn't happen every single time when app locking is enabled. But it does happen. Started for the first time when i've enabled AppLocking now (i have never used it before).

First two are top priority, third one is more of an annoyance, though i'd like to see it fixed as well.

My specs:
SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 (non G version)
CyanogenMod 10.1.3 (Final version)
Apex Launcher as primary (single screen, no scrolling)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: AppLocking problems...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »
Hi,

1) This is by design. If you unlock the phone and know a PIN for one app, you know a PIN for all of them, don't you?

2) This is by design as well. Why would you be asked for a PIN after short amount of time if you entered it before? Why would you hand your phone to other people after unlocking an app?

3) This is a limitation of the OS, not much we can do about that (I could look at it to see if there is any workaround, but I doubt I'll have time for that).

Filip