Author Topic: can't add phone to account  (Read 6371 times)

miker9

can't add phone to account
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »
Hi. After reset to factory settings  i tried to download avast and log in to my account(it worked fine before).When i click the button AUTENTICATION_FAILED error appears. What should i do?

svehlak

Re: can't add phone to account
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
You have to have set Google framework for GCM and Play - do you have any Google account added in your device and synced? If not, please add one and try to download (and update Play) any app from Play.

miker9

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
how can i set google framework for gcm? i have google account synced and apps downloaded.

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »
In this case everything should work. Did it work before factory reset?

4V457!

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
Also suffering from this problem; after having contacted support directly regards to a different problem with the app, they recommended I "un- and reinstall" the app - at which point this problem occurred for me.  Still haven't got a solution to it from support, and after having found and referred to the thread in the support ticket the support staffer merely 'passed me off' to this thread!

??? :( >:(

AVG....  :-\

tf

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:57 PM »
Hi,
I have the same problem, after factory reset of my phone I could not link avast mobile security to my account.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app
I tried to delete and recreate the account
I tried to connect to avast account with no account created before

google account and sync is active
play has no updates for any apps.

What else can I do?

4V457!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:49 PM »
You mean you actually managed to delete your account?  Surprisingly to myself I couldn't work out nor even find out how to do that; despite having checked the FAQs!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:15:25 PM by 4V457! »

miker9

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:03:44 PM »
It worked fine before reset. Maybe system still thinks my account is linked with phone so i can't link it again?

tf

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 08:42:43 PM »
Deleting the account is easy, just go to https://my.avast.com/, sign in and go to the bottom of the page - there is a link Delete Account.

Im wondering how the app does authentication - it only asks for E-Mail Adress and not for password to sign in.

4V457!

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 11:14:02 PM »
Deleting the account is easy, just go to https://my.avast.com/, sign in and go to the bottom of the page - there is a link Delete Account.

Oh, that's how to do it... from the site footer?!! ???  :o

miker9

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 10:14:28 PM »
I created new account. It didn't help   :(

4V457!

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 05:54:17 AM »
To update with the latest response I've gotten from avast! Support on this matter:

Quote from: avast! support
The problem isn't on your, or our side.
It's Google Cloud to Device Messaging - a service provided by google that we use to communicate with the installation.
Sometimes the command messages don't make it to the device and the command just times out. Or the command message arrives at the device, the command is executed - but the return message (confirming the reception) doesn't arrive at the server.
It's actually a google problem - we can hardly improve this.

Offline Tonanet

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Hello!

Thanks for your reply!

I just dont understand, that if it is a problem from google service, why it just happen with one device. Other devices are added without a problem. And one specific device, that worked before, after a reinstall stopped working not being able to register to the account. It becomes like an incompatibility between the device and google message service?

Thanks for your time!

4V457!

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
I'm generally with you there 'Tonanet', I don't get it either!  In the mean time, support have reminded me that I can still 'control' my phone via text messaging, which they furthermore advise:

Quote from: avast! support
I would recommend using SMS commands anyway. They are much more reliable and work even without internet access.

Pages 26, 27, and 28, of the user guide - available here in this PDF: http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf - list all the SMS commands, so you could always print those pages out if they'd be useful to you (that includes anyone out there).