Author Topic: not virus but warning  (Read 2756 times)

atilius

not virus but warning
« on: May 20, 2005, 07:50:12 PM »
Hello, please, what to do if the Avast shows me a virus in some application but I know that it isnt. Can I do an exception for it or anything else? Thanks for your assistance.

Martin

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
Re: not virus but warning
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 10:09:50 PM »
Maybe is a false positive. Send the file in a compressed archive with a passwword. Include the password in the body of the email and send to virus@avast.com
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 10:47:09 PM »
Hello, please, what to do if the Avast shows me a virus in some application but I know that it isnt. Can I do an exception for it or anything else? Thanks for your assistance.

Martin
If you are getting a virus warning that you believe is a false positive, then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem, the fact that you believe it to be a false positive and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 10:48:50 PM »
Can I do an exception for it or anything else?

Martin, if you're sure it's not infected, you can make exceptions:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demmand scanning):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...
The best things in life are free.