Author Topic: avast 4.0 and Newsgroups  (Read 4063 times)

Deacon Bernie

avast 4.0 and Newsgroups
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:03:37 PM »
When I seek to download the full index of Newsgroups with OE 6, the following error message is offered:
"502 concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded  (processes: msimn.exe [1], cc Pxy Svc.exe [19]  Configuration:  Account: dberniel_verizon_news]

After reading an earlier post here, I verified that I downloaded  ashMaiSv.exe

Suggestions?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: avast 4.0 and Newsgroups
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 10:15:20 PM »
ccPxySvc.exe is a Norton component if i remember correctly... It can be a conflict...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 11:05:51 PM »
Edit avast4.ini, find the section [MailScanner], add (or edit) the line IgnoreProcess.

E.g.:

[MailScanner]
IgnoreProcess=mybad.app,ccPxySvc.exe

or
[MailScanner]
IgnoreProcess=ccPxySvc.exe

I will include this redirector proxy from Norton to the groups of recognized norton processes and with next VPS update it should be recognized and ignored automatically.

This is a typical situation where the ignored process option is really usefull. From the error message you can see, that we have seen the msimn.exe (aka Outlook Express) first and already scanned the message, but next, 19 times the ccPxySvc.exe redirected the outgoing connection to itself and again and again....

daveshaw

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:06:20 PM »
Maybe this older post will relate to me. I am receiving error "concurrent connection limit exceeded (pass:10, proceses emproxy.exe (20))" when trying to receive emails via Outlook (2 different servers).I am running Vista. How to correct? McAfee has run out and I don't want them.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 03:19:43 PM »
You still have McAfee installed or remnants of it the emproxy.exe is a McAfee element (email proxy at a guess) and get rid of that get rid of the problem. http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/emproxy

Having two resident scanners installed is not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable.
How did you remove McAfee ?

McAfee has an uninstall tool that you could run to ensure any possible remnants are removed.
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/VSCleanupTool.exe
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security