Author Topic: Not receiving pop-up notification for all detected malware  (Read 2051 times)

Offline KDibble

Not receiving pop-up notification for all detected malware
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »
Avast! Endpoint Protection 8.x, with SOA: The software seems to be detecting a lot of "driveby" malware from websites, according to the daily report "Malware Detected in Last 24 Hours". However, although pop-up warnings are turned on for the Web and Script shields in SOA, these pop-ups do not appear. For example, the daily report for yesterday says that 3 instances of malware were detected on my computer shortly after 9:00 am, when I was sitting right there in front of the screen and using the Firefox web browser. I didn't visit any unusual websites, and there were no Avast! pop-ups displayed.

I checked email around this time as well, but didn't receive anything unusual, nor did the Avast! mail shield display any pop-ups.

I don't have Avast! configured to run automatic or background scans; it is only supposed to respond to real-time activity through the shields.

However, the daily report says that JS:Decode-XW, JS:Decode-AZA, and Win32:ZBot-RIA were all detected within a period of about 15 minutes on my machine.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks.