Author Topic: WHY was AVAST IS 2014 not tested before being Released ?  (Read 7136 times)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: WHY was AVAST IS 2014 not tested before being Released ?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 12:11:20 AM »
I certainly understand the frustration when a software program won't function as hoped/expected or won't function at all, I've had my share of bad experiences with 'security software' and beta testing over the years however, fortunately for me the 'fact' is> I have Avast 2014 running on both my systems with no apparent problems. :)

JonS

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 12:16:50 AM »
doktornotor

FYI this "upgrade" is being pushed out automatically. Its not a case of voluntarily upgrading - it simply happens.
As to it being a beta - where in the literature does it say that? And if it is a beta, then why is it being pushed out en masse?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »
Oh please. Up until the day of release of 2014 there were plenty of issues being reported in the beta forum. A lot of which were not fixed. 2014 was rushed out and that is the bottom line.
as soon as there are rumors of a new versions, the questions start!
when will it be released, please cant wait....when?

then after a week or two with beta testing it start again...
please releas it now, it is working fine....

and then after released it changes to...
lots of bugs, you released it to early...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 12:22:06 AM »
doktornotor

FYI this "upgrade" is being pushed out automatically. Its not a case of voluntarily upgrading - it simply happens.
As to it being a beta - where in the literature does it say that? And if it is a beta, then why is it being pushed out en masse?
who say it is a Beta?

JonS

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:11 AM »
doktornotor

he says its a beta
read the thread

and whatever you all say, this clearly wan't properly tested in real life.

A question. How many of you testers use IE for browsing? How many of you use IE11? I'll guess at not a lot. Well the truth is, most home users DO use IE for browsing, and that doesn't seem to have been tested

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 12:44:19 AM »
doktornotor

he says its a beta
read the thread
see my reply Nr #9  .... read the thread.   ;)

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 01:06:32 AM »
doktornotor

he says its a beta
read the thread

A question. How many of you testers use IE for browsing? How many of you use IE11? I'll guess at not a lot. Well the truth is, most home users DO use IE for browsing, and that doesn't seem to have been tested

Windows 7 or 8? I have used IE11 with it, and all is fine.

What many clearly do not understand is that it is impossible to write one piece of software, which is going to perform without flaw on every single machine. You may have another software program on your machine, which is conflicting with Avast. One thing that i have learnt since using Avast is if there is a problem it is always rectified very quickly. A reason why i have always trusted, and continued to pay for my renewal to IS on a yearly basis. A reason which i suspect the OP chosen too!

Maybe the OP should just relax and figure out his next step with his customers.
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) SP1,
Intel Core i5-2410M @2.30GHz, 6GB RAM
AvastFree Antivirus & ZoneAlarm Free.

doktornotor

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 01:29:19 AM »

Nope, sorry. Nothing will get pushed unless you allow it in configuration.

doktornotor

he says its a beta
read the thread

Nope again, you need to improve the text comprehension skills apparently.

Yeah, all those beta forum threads are just written by avast staff with heavily split personality. Noone tested anything.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:32:08 AM by doktornotor »

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 01:59:10 AM »
Hello,
Firstly I want to thank the evangelists volunteers who have undoubtedly done their best to test and validate the 2014 official version, and I understand that it is impossible to anticipate the problems of multiple configurations.

However, it seems (we certainly see when the culprits will be found) there is no tons of different and isolated problems according to the multitude of configurations but in view of the explanations given here for more more users, rather a problem from quite common configurations.

Ps: I forgot to mention that I speak only about winxp issue as in my case, which is (I know) already reduced configurations

I certainly wrong, but if that 's the case, I find it strange that there was no one beta tester who has had the luck (or misfortune) to meet it.... all reports indicate a complete blockage asking the user at least a system restore.

Why?
Testers are they more fussy than the (nag) average user ?
Too few testers xp?
...?

About the problem itself I just look at my persistent data folder dating from last Saturday when I met the installation problem.
Alot of [warning] [error] and [fatal] about the NDIS filter remind me  I had disabled some time ago the "avast! Firewall NDIS filter driver"
A report?
other thing I noticed after the reboot:Blue screen with "fssfltr_tdi.sys" error
After that , totally black out for 2 days (I haven't restored point aviable :-\)
Well, I'll try to send you the file on the ftp server.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:06:08 AM by chris05 »