Author Topic: SandBox not working  (Read 2051 times)

ciprianor

SandBox not working
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:18:33 PM »
Hi guys,
I am trying to run Zemana into my SandBox and nothing happens. I first thought that is my firewall so I turned it off, but there is still no installed program. I am new to Avast,s SandBox so... here is my question. Wasn't this function supposed to install into a virtual environment the program so I could use it safely? All that I was able to find were some log texts that, honestly, I have not use for since I am not a tester.
I have tryied with a regular software, a CRM one and I have the same results. I am doing something wrong.
My OS is Win7 X 64, I have Outpost firewall, SuperAntySpyware and Sandboxie 4 installed on my computer.
Thank you

doktornotor

Re: SandBox not working
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
Zemana Antilogger? Install to sandbox? Sorry, this is completely flawed idea. It installs low-level drivers, will not ever work like this.

ciprianor

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »
Thank you, doktornotor,
A restart fixed my problem and I was able to install a software (not Zemana, you were right) in SandBox.

I am new to Avast SadBox and what made me buy the Pro was the thought that I will be able to install software in SandBox and keep it there after several restarts.  It seams like the sandboxed program is deleted after 1 restart. Pity, it might be a great feature. :'(

Is there a tutorial for what SandBox does?
Thank you.

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
Well, I guess you'd want Sandboxie. Avast SafeZone (sandbox) is designed exactly the opposite way, and much more limited in purpose. Let me try briefly:

- Sandboxie is designed to protect the system from the browser or any other sandboxed applications.
- Avast SafeZone provides a separate, secure environment with its own browser, separate from the rest of the system and intended for sensitive things like online banking. It is not a generic sandbox and definitely not intended for what you are trying to do.