Author Topic: Browser Plugins  (Read 8002 times)

tbessie

Re: Browser Plugins
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 11:34:32 PM »
I'm using Windows 7, Avast 2014 (Avast 9), and I want to REMOVE all browser integration from IE.  I can see how to disable the plugins in IE, but nowhere to completely REMOVE them.

Has that option been removed? I've looked all over IE itself and the Avast interface, and can't find anywhere to do that.

- Tim

Offline digmor crusher

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 04:02:59 AM »
I've looked and can't find a way to completely remove them either, maybe its not possible, either you get Online Security for all web browsers or you don't install it and go without, can't pick and choose??

alfun

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »
Also in the new avast! 2014 I cannot find WebRep & Antiphising or SiteCorrect options page.  Anyone know how to get to these pages in the new avast?

In the (very) limited time I was using Avast! 2014, I did find something related to anti-phishing/site correcting when I was looking for ad blocking options - of which I was kindly informed no longer existed - by clicking (not sure if right or left click) on the Avast! online security toolbar plugin in Internet Explorer. I recall that a panel slid out on the right side of IE and there were some options there so give that a try and see if it helps :)
I don't have the online security toolbar plugin in Internet Explorer.  Is there another way to navigate to WebRep & Antiphishing/SiteCorrect from the avast program interface?

Click on the Avast Online Security plugin>Settings. The details you are wanted are there.
Where is Avast Online Security plugin located?  I'm looking on the avast main program interface and don't see this.

I'm using Windows 7, Avast 2014 (Avast 9), and I want to REMOVE all browser integration from IE.  I can see how to disable the plugins in IE, but nowhere to completely REMOVE them.

Has that option been removed? I've looked all over IE itself and the Avast interface, and can't find anywhere to do that.

- Tim
Check my post #12, I believe this does what you want to remove.