Author Topic: AIS 2014 continues to sandbox services: ISSUES - Help  (Read 3765 times)

kevbeck

AIS 2014 continues to sandbox services: ISSUES - Help
« on: November 01, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
These services/Files are constantly being auto-sandboxed by avast and it makes it nearly impossible for me to use either safezone, or browsing the internet reliably. A complete clean uninstall/reinstall did not solve these issues. I know i can set these to be excluded but it does not solve the root cause of why avast continues to sandbox these process.   

1. c\windows\system32\audiodg.exe  : I posted this more than a year ago and still no solution. When this is sandboxed automatically, it causes my system not to have sound. I noticed that i can locate the file using the windows search but when i try to find the file using the "feedback / Submit to virus lab" via avast, the file is not there.. I assume this is why avast sandboxes the file since it does not properly detect the location.. ??

2. c:\windows\SysWOW64\macromed\Flash = this is adobe flash player and is required to browse the internet. Whenever using safezone or sandboxed browser i receive a pop-up indicating the plug-in is not responding and my browser always crashes. This happens almost all the time

3. c:\windows\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe = also auto-sandboxed by avast almost all the time this always causes my browsers (sandboxed/safe zone) to run unreliable or crash

I am literally unable to browse the internet and rely on it to always work properly because of this.

Does anyone know why avast would sandbox these files and how can i fix this without just having to exclude these files?? Anyone else having this issue ?? I have spent waaaayyyyy tooo much time screwing around with avast lately . Very disappointing.

kevbeck

Re: AIS 2014 continues to sandbox services: ISSUES - Help
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:49:21 PM »
Don't worry kevin. Avast is among the best in anti virus protection, someone who cares is bound to guide and assist you

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
Hi what version of Avast are you using and what version of windows
Does Avast show a popup, if so could you screenshot and post that

kevbeck

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 03:54:20 AM »
Avast internet security 2014 its the latest version 9? Windows 7  64 bit home premium.  I have several pictures bit they're to large to post. Can u let me know how I can make the file smaller to attach or post here

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
Have you updated to the version released yesterday ? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=138753.0

You can use paint to crop the screenshots to a more usable size, just the alert box would be sufficient

kevbeck

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »
I'm going to update when near my system.I doubt the update will help since some issues I'm having have been existing for more than a year. I will post pics later. Any suggestions for a credible registry cleaner?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
Any suggestions for a credible registry cleaner
Yes, there are none that will actually achieve anything

kevbeck

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »
Here are the Pics. The first one with the shockwave Plugin not working, crashes my safezone. I receive this most often. Please let me know how to stop this! The update did not fix this
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:38:27 AM by kevbeck »

kevbeck

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 08:00:07 PM »
In reading these forums I see that mamy other users are having the same issuea and repairing and uninstalling reinstalling is not working. Is there a fix oe will one be issued?

kevbeck

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
what does adding local host to this troubleshooting guide do?

1) Avast! settings -> Troubleshooting -> Redirect Settings

2) under WEB pannel in field ‘Ignored addresses:’ add: localhost

would that slove my issues posted here?

here's the guide i received from my ticket -

1) Avast! settings -> Troubleshooting -> Redirect Settings

2) under WEB pannel in field ‘Ignored addresses:’ add: localhost

3) Settings -> Tool -> Firewall -> Customize -> Policies -> System Rules-> Allow Windows file and printer sharing check enabled

4) Settings -> Tool -> Firewall -> Customize -> Policies -> System Rules-> Allow rdc check enabled

5) Settings -> Tool -> Firewall -> Customize -> Policies -> Packet Rules-> Enable windows Networking in and out

After these changes, please make sure that your avast! software is updated to the most recent version - 2014.9.0.2007.

To do that, please open avast! and go to Settings > Update > Program > Update and update your Virus definitions as well.