Author Topic: i have a virus that gose by the name of ''antivirus securty pro''.  (Read 6698 times)

chase21

hello. i have had a bad virus on my PC for some time now, and have removed it time and time. or so i thought. and it only comes back worse then before. now i can no longer use anything on my PC. every time i open any program, or even a flash drive, a small window by the name of ''antivirus securty pro''. comes up and stops the program. even if i restart my PC in safe mode it will always power down. pleas help me.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: i have a virus that gose by the name of ''antivirus securty pro''.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
seems you are infected with a rogue security program

follow guide here and attach logs (not copy and paste).  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

run in order listed
AdwCleaner / Malwarebytes / OTL / aswMBR

when done, removal experts will be notified
when finish, all tools used will be removed

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 12:45:22 AM »
Hi,

I don't need the logs Pondus asked, let's get straight to the point.

Go to this topic --> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 , and follow the guideline that starts from If you cannot  Boot the computer, and attach FRST report.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

chase21

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
I'm sorry it took so long to reply and I thank you both for the speedy reply. I was wondering if it was at all possible if I could use a flash drive to boot from, instead of a cd. Thank you for any answer.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
It is possible. Tell me what is the version of your system? Windows XP/Vista/7/8, and tell me the architecture x86 or x64?
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

chase21

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »
It's windows 7 and I believe it's x64. I can't get on the pc to double check, So I am sorry i can't say for sure.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 09:28:14 PM »
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
  • Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • Restart your computer and tap F8 to bring up the Advanced Menu, then click Repair your computer
  • Follow the prompt to enter keyboard input method, and then the prompt to enter a password. If the machine does not have a password, simply click Enter.
In the next menu, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Command Prompt and press Enter.
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • When notepad opens, click File and select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please attach it to your reply.

chase21

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 12:46:01 AM »
I'm afraid I might be wrong about which version of windows I have. I press f8 and it doesn't take me to an advanced menu, it takes me to a boot menu.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
Is only one system installed, or more of them? Is it branded computer, and which one? Did you try to repeatedly press F8 until menu shows?

chase21

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:45 PM »
My brother helped put the system togethor, and until recently I hadn't been able to get in touch with him to ask some of these questions. But Now I can, and here's what he said about the build.

Of course since he helped to build it, it's not a branded computer, but the motherboard is a ASUS motherboard (M4A87T AM3 AMD 870) and it's only one system, Which is windows 7 64 bit.

When I press f8, It takes me to the boot menu and I'm not exactly sure if that's where I need to be or not. It wasn't the advanced menu and it didn't show anything that you were describing, so I figured that it wasn't what I was supposed to be seeing. But I did press F8 until a menu popped up, and I tried it a few times.

chase21

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 11:43:46 PM »
There has been a lot of family health issues in my family as of late, but I'm happy to say that I've finally had the chance to grab a burnable dvd and boot from it. I ran the farbar scan tool and now have the log to show for it. Sorry it took me so long to get this back to you.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:17 PM »
Open notepad.
  • Click Start
  • Type notepad.exe in the search programs and files box and click Enter.
  • A blank Notepad page should open.
  • Copy/Paste the contents of the code box below into Notepad.
Code: [Select]
HKLM\...\Run: [AS2014] - C:\ProgramData\7sXnp3Xs\7sXnp3Xs.exe [538112 2013-10-30] ()
HKLM\...\Winlogon: [Userinit] C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,,C:\ProgramData\7sXnp3Xs\7sXnp3Xs.exe -sm,
C:\ProgramData\7sXnp3Xs
HKU\Chase Maxwell\...\Run: [Google Update*] - [x] <===== ATTENTION (ZeroAccess rootkit hidden path)
HKU\Chase Maxwell\...\Run: [AS2014] - C:\ProgramData\7sXnp3Xs\7sXnp3Xs.exe [ 2013-10-30] ()
C:\Users\Chase Maxwell\Desktop\Antivirus Security Pro.lnk
2013-12-09 17:06 - 2013-10-30 23:20 - 00000118 _____ C:\Users\Chase Maxwell\Desktop\Antivirus Security Pro support.url
  • Save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt
>>  Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  •     Press the Fix button once and wait.
  •     FRST will process fixlist.txt
  •     When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.
>>  Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...

chase21

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 03:37:57 AM »
Ok, I just got through running the FRST program and I've posted the fixlog down below. I also tried running windows and booted it up normally, which it seemed to do. Before it wouldn't come on at all, this time it just took a few moments before it finally came on. It was a black screen for a bit.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »
Good, now run FRST from normal mode, make sure to tick Addition box and press Scan.

Attach both reports.

chase21

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »
Alright, I ran the frst program in normal mode and have attached the files down below. I hope they help!