Author Topic: [Only Privatefirewall users] Can anyone test this please?  (Read 3097 times)

thug4real

[Only Privatefirewall users] Can anyone test this please?
« on: November 16, 2013, 10:32:09 PM »
Can anyone please test this for me(if you are behind a router and you have another pc to make this test plausible): Set Network Security to High, and see after that if you see other pc in Network or if your computer is visible from another pc, I ask this because I have the suspicion that after you set Networks Security to High(from Privatefirewall UI), your pc is still visible over the network, when normally Privatefirewall should block this. Thank you!

Regards, RealNature

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: [Only Privatefirewall users] Can anyone test this please?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:03:15 PM »
Your signature shows "windows firewall".
Which one are you using Windows Firewall or PFW?

Have you tried contacting Private Firewall?
Ask Privacyware.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

thug4real

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:13:51 AM »
Right now WFW, and yes I have, but so far no result in finding fix(because they don't have the resource to let an engineer to investigate this specific issue), this is why I ask for help from users willing to make this small test, just to see if indeed it is an issue or not. Again this is a small wish, not a bug track topic.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:34:31 AM by RealNature »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:50:52 AM »
I thought you had this fixed a while back?
Now you know why I switched to Comodo Firewall v5.12

Download from http://www.filehippo.com/download_comodo/13662/
To install see http://www.knightwithapc.com/2011/11/download-comodo-firewall/  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

thug4real

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 01:06:42 AM »
Well no, unfortunately.
As for CFW 5.12, HIPS doesn't play well with my Elantech touch pad driver. And the new version 6, funny I can't manage to have a fast pc with HIPS enable, this is why I dump Comodo (CIS/CFW). I'm a HIPS fan and I wont a lite a strong free Firewall with HIPS. But so far only Privatefirewall is working great(but I wont my pc to stay invisible to the others). So again waiting for someone that can confirm or infirm :) my suspicion about PrivateFirewall.

Thx Para-Noid for your kindness.

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:09:01 AM by RealNature »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to follow up.
Are you aware that PFW has HIPS?  ???

thug4real

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
Yes I'm aware ;)