Author Topic: Avast 2014 p2p shield torrent application compatibility  (Read 5057 times)

andrew700andrew

Avast 2014 p2p shield torrent application compatibility
« on: November 20, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »
Hi everyone! I've just updated to Avast 2014 free and i was trying to find the p2p shield because in the old avast there was a menu in the settings which allowed the user to select which torrent download program avast was to work with. I remember that only uTorrent was un-ticked (by default) in this menu but when i try to find it the p2p shield (and settings menu) no longer exist. Does anyone know:

where this option is or alternatively,
     do you know what torrent applications Avast 2014 is compatible with?

Thanks!!  :)

andrew700andrew

Re: Avast 2014 p2p shield torrent application compatibility
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
Also, just to clarify what i mean by compatibility, i was reading this avast thread about utorrent not working well with avast, however this is for old avast.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=95320.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:27:02 PM »
The number of real-time shields in avast! 2014 is reduced by merging some of them to another. The P2P Shield, IM Shield and Behavior Shield are now a part of the File System Shield, while the Network Shield with Script Shield are a part of the Web Shield.

lots of info in the FAQ section.   http://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB89

jabalong

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
The number of real-time shields in avast! 2014 is reduced by merging some of them to another. The P2P Shield, IM Shield and Behavior Shield are now a part of the File System Shield, while the Network Shield with Script Shield are a part of the Web Shield.

lots of info in the FAQ section.   http://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB89

Where? The only instance of "P2P Shield" I see on that page is the one you quoted above.

Like the original poster, I too am trying to find out where the P2P related features have gone exactly as I don't see what I'm looking for under the File System Shield.

Under the previous version of Avast, I had to tick the box for my P2P program here: Real-Time Shields > P2P Shield > Expert Settings

So where would I find this in Avast 2014?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 03:13:10 PM »
The shields have been integrated now :