Author Topic: migrating Enterprise Administration Console to a new server  (Read 1709 times)

brandtly

migrating Enterprise Administration Console to a new server
« on: November 21, 2013, 08:38:07 PM »
About a year ago I deployed avast endpoint protection on my network, and somewhere along the way my avast server became damaged beyond repair.  I have a network full of avast 7.0.1455 installations that may or may not be communicating with the server I originally deployed from.  What I want to do is just bring up a new server, set up the avast settings the way that I want, and deploy the client out to the machines again.  I am hoping this will bring them up to date on current version, install or update cleanly over the existing installations, and have the new server take over for managing the settings on the clients, breaking the relationship from the previous decommissioned server.  Is this as simple as just sending out a new deployment from my new server?  Other information specific to my situation are as follows:  I have to change the IP address of the new server, I cannot get an sql backup from the failed server, and I cannot access it to run any uninstall tasks.  Thanks for your help.