Author Topic: Problem with aswrvrt.sys (do not boot)  (Read 3429 times)

archontas

Problem with aswrvrt.sys (do not boot)
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:41:23 PM »
Hello I have blank screen without any cursor on normal boot and in safe mode it gets stuck on aswrvrt.sys

I attach the frst file.

The system is Windows 7 64bit - dell inspiron i7 - with ssd as bootable hdd and 2nd drive.

thank you in advanced

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Problem with aswrvrt.sys (do not boot)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »
Hi it appears to be a problem with the SSD

ATTENTION: Software hive is not loaded.

Can you run a chkdsk on the SSD ?

zolim_hu

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »
That's the problem with me too... :(

aziero

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »
I too have similar problem on my windows 7 32 bit laptop...
Its december already, i wonder if archontas was able to solve the issue. If so, please i beg to share with me also how as im really tired of fixing mine. Any of the safe mode options did not start my pc normally. I have tried the repair withoout installation disk as i dont have it. However, still i cant do restore, sfc/scannow that says there's still pending restart.  I can only access command prompt then run chkdsk which still make me stuck to blank screen without any blinking cursor there. Typing Notepad , i was able to browse files and recover important things as i never have any backup before.   But the problem still troubles me as i dont want to reinstall os. To those who have knowledge and experience resolving this issue please share it too and pls feel free to guide me what should i do.

============

i got some observations after i had updated avast to program version 9.0.2008. Maybe this could help you figuring where the problem really starts.

so as i remember the update happened last 5 days ago. I updated manually first the definition then below there's already available version 9.0.2008 , mine is 8.  sumthing.
I update it also manually. But then as i restart the computer, theres an error that prompt up- its AvastUi application error saying : the instruction at 00***** sumthing in instruction 00000000x50 cannot be read. From there, i wasnt able now to open avast ui. I tried to repair it on programs add/ remove but the continue button doesnt work it just closes the interface.
next, i thought of restarting the avast services but i cant even stop it

then i look on eventviewer to see if any errors regarding avast could explain the problem. as what i expected there are list there. one of which is that : the security center remove avast because of missing files , corrupt data, or has security issu something like that.

As im desperate to uninstall avast, i have been to avast site and found there avast uninstall utility. because im so tired i was lazy to read reminders. so as usually, i click the app and it wats me to choose to run program to safe mode or do it on win normal mode. i clicked on safe mode as its recommended. so it does now shutdown pc and load drivers... I took along time waiting for it to be finished as it says - Please wait...

However it remains stuck on aswRvrt.sys.

i forcely press the power again to restart but the same thing happens.
if i  run on normAl mode it just says system is running on safe mode with minimal services .. then it turns to tatally blank black screen. nothing appears. waited for half An hour nothing changes.

i decided to undergone advance repair. there i was able to use command prompt. i typed notepad and from there i recovered important files. Because i can browse file i was able to look on program files avast software folder then setup directory. i am really curious about .sys so i look around and i found it there. 

with that curiousity i have opened up setup.ini and there i noticed that 3 items have empty value. These are buildid = ,  cookie = , addstats=

i dont know if im right but are these errors pertains to the same problem which in effect stops windows from restarting. Forgive me if im wrong .. im just curious.

hope any1 could help me too.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »
Download    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to a USB drive and insert in the sick computer
Restart the sick computer to recovery options

Select Command prompt 

At the command prompt type the following  :

notepad and press Enter
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad. 
In the command window type e:\frst.exe and press Enter 
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive. 
The tool will start to run. 
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. 

Press Scan button. 
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

aziero

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »
Thank you for reply. Right now i cant attach the file because my android phone dont let me choose doc and txt files as uploads. I went to net cafe but unfortunately i cant access this forum with there browser. Sorry but i dont want to just copy and paste it here.4

Anyway i got another idea which i want to consult you first because i dont know if doing it might give me more troubles.
ok so here it is...

Can i run the avast uninstaller utility the way i run the frst.exe ?   i downloaded it already before i cant reboot my pc..

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 01:10:47 PM »
No that will not work from the OTLPE disc I am afraid, or least ways it should not.  But, you can try it no harm will be done 

aziero

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
Thanks glad to know about that because lately before i even got the chance to view your reply, i got tempted to do it.  It shocks me after restart because aswrvrt.sys is still interupting the loading of drivers and screen still shows that system is booting on safe mode with minimal services.
Now, tonight before i had read zlew reply #  183 on same topic :

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=120531.180

an evil already was knocking on my head, commanding me like
' hey...u! Go to the windows drivers and delete those that starts with asw....'

Haha, i know its risky but well, it makes me think that i had already done avast uninstall utility and if im right it also states that its items on registry have been included also. So for me, avast drivers are now useless.

Again, please tell me if getting rid-off those drivers manually by myself is ok or not. This time i would really wait for your reply to avoid getting shocks...

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »
Deleting the drivers does not remove the registry entries for them, so windows will be looking for the drivers and not finding them.  Using FRST also removes the registry entries

aziero

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »
Ok..finally i can attach it now. By the way this log was scan right before i used the avast uninstall utility.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 01:10:56 PM »
Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST
Run FRST and press fix
On completion try a normal boot

aziero

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »
Done it already but still i got bad news. My pc doesnt start on normal mode or safe mode , now it is stuck on classpnp.sys. The same black blank screen shows. At this hour im doing startup repair but i still have to wait long hours to know if it will fix.

Maybe you got other ways because as my reply above, i have already run the avast uninstall utility so im afraid it is the reason why it still unfix. I have read the fixlog.txt and it requires to run the avastui.exe but as i said it was already removed via the uninstall utility.

Now as i choose to run it normally, the loading of drivers doesnt show aswrvrt.sys anymore but it goes on untill classpnp.sys then it will say your system is booting on safe mode with minimal services followed by black screen.

What im gonna do now.... im getting nervous that it will not function anymore.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »
Unfortunately the problem is within the main windows files as the last loaded driver is a windows one this time.  It look like it may be time to repair the computer by re-installing windows

aziero

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
OMG...re-installing isn't what i wanted to do...

I can't now. I had only backup for few files nothing else more...

Back on frst.txt that i attached, you can see there that i got a registry backup dated just last month. Im searching google how can i pull that and overwrite my current registry. I dont know if it can resolve it since im not really a geek about computers and also many programs has been added or removed already since that day. So im thingking it will not fit. But anyways ill try it as youv said reinstalling will be just my next option.

going crazyyyyyy.. o god pls help!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
OK lets see if we can restore the registry hives

1. Choose  command prompt.

2. Once on the command prompt window, type c: and hit enter.

3. Type the following commands into the DOS command prompt. Each one of these statements copy the original registry files to the current registry directory.

copy C:\windows\system32\config\regback\system c:\windows\system32\config\system

copy C:\windows\system32\config\regback\software c:\windows\system32\config\software

copy C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security c:\windows\system32\config\security

copy C:\windows\system32\config\regback\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam

copy C:\windows\system32\config\regback\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

4. Press the "Y" key after each copied file. This confirms that you want to overwrite the existing registry files.

5. Remove the Windows 7 installation disc from the drive and reboot the machine.

The registry is now restored with original settings.