Author Topic: How to install Avast *Rooted* Antitheft on Android  (Read 11997 times)

MikZ

How to install Avast *Rooted* Antitheft on Android
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:48 AM »
I've found several threads on this topic through web searching, but none have an applicable answer. I suspect the answers are dated.

I've installed the premium version of Avast Mobile Security, including Antitheft. The Antitheft Settings have numerous settings that say they only apply to rooted phones. My phone is definitely rooted (in more than one sense of the term!) but the options are nevertheless disabled ('greyed out').

I've seen forum posts that say uninstall and reinstall Antitheft, but when I reinstall it, it just installs like any other Android app—there's no 'Advanced Installation' or 'Install Rooted Version' option. I also cannot find a rooted version in Google Play, or even a standalone Avast Antitheft, for that matter, just 'Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus', 'Mobile Backup & Reset' and 'Update Agent'.

Can somebody please provide updated information on how to enable these features.

Device: Galaxy S ('Vibrant')
O/S: AOKP ICS

saymonek

Re: How to install Avast *Rooted* Antitheft on Android
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:36 PM »

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
Hello,

I suppose you tried to install rooted by installing "Update Agent" from Google Play.
Instead you should open Mobile Security and select "Anti-Theft (install)".
Now you'll find the "advanced installation" option, which will offer you a rooted installation.

To avoid this problem we specifically instruct our users not to install Upate Agent (=Anti-Theft) from google play directly:
Do not install this without being sent here from avast! Mobile Security first.

have a nice day,
Werner

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 05:01:53 PM »
Same problem to me....Mikz