Author Topic: False Positive? Mapi\1033\NT\MAPISP32.EXE  (Read 1582 times)

Plus8

False Positive? Mapi\1033\NT\MAPISP32.EXE
« on: December 08, 2013, 01:53:48 AM »
A scheduled Quick scan this PM found "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT\MAPISP32.EXE" Seems to be a Windows process? The last time Avast found anything, it was a harmless Windows process which I let Avast put in the Chest but had to get another copy of the missing file to re-install from a member here because my Chest does not work properly since Avast Support had me repair the program from the Ad/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and I can neither see what I've moved to the Chest or therefore restore from it.

I had run an Avast full scan two days ago with nothing found. I'm on a Dell Vostro 1510 running XP SP3 and still on Avast Free 8.0.1497 because the last program update did evil things to my machine. Last VPS was on start-up this AM, 131206-1 and I'm assuming the FP is coming from this?

Updated definitions and ran a full Malwarebytes scan a short while ago and found nothing. Everything seems to be running fine and Windows Update works fine. Had a Windows Defender (malware) update yesterday and quick scan yesterday if that matters.

Just an average user here, not a geek. Observations and suggestions welcome!