Author Topic: Web Commands will not work at all HELP!  (Read 1934 times)

drtechnology

Web Commands will not work at all HELP!
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:45:16 AM »
I have the latest version installed, and am on a rooted phone.  Everything works fine from sms.  I can command the phone great!

But tonight I needed the record audio command and noticed when logged into the web portal, it wont send any commands to the phone through there.  They always time out.  I do have juice defender, which cuts data for 14 min then on for 1 min then off 14 - only when screen is off.  When screen is on data is on 100% of the time.  So I tried with screen off when I know Juice Defender had data on for that minute.  Times out.  Then turned screen on so data was on 100% never cut off, sent record audio command, and again timed out.

Sent locate command timed out.  Seems all commands even when data connection is active, do not work when sent via web, only when sent via sms.

Ok no issue, however I don't see a sms command for record audio.  Now what?  HELP!

Noticed the below info online, and its weird?  I know my real time shields are on, they say they are in the apps.  I know my visus defs are set to auto-update, and they just updated.

And even tho sending multiple sms commands, locats, sms commands and more, still shows has not communicated with avast for 4 days?  It communicated with avast a few min ago with a sms command I sent?  I am confused.  IS THERE ANY WAY TO ACTIVATE RECORDING OF SOUND VIA SMS?  Please help!  I need the record audio feature tonight!

The below info was copied from my web control

Device Communication

Last Update:N/A
Last Known IP Address:100.107.21.150 (172.56.31.194)
Current Battery State: 100 %
Real-Time shields:OFF
Virus Definitions Updates:OFF
Program Version: N/A
Definitions Version: N/A
Anti-Theft:ON Backup:NOT INSTALLED
IMEI/MEID:355537059775975Operator:T-Mobile
Last Communication:4 days ago (12/08/2013 16:47)

License Information

avast! Mobile Premium Suite:License Detail:Premium licenseLicense Status:VALID

Bajagadget

Re: Web Commands will not work at all HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 07:23:01 PM »
Looking for the same info.  SMS commands work, but none of the web commands do.
Mike

Offline Werner

• Advanced Poster
Re: Web Commands will not work at all HELP!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »
Hello,
I suppose you already  executed "Fix connection problems" in Anti-Theft -> avast! Account
further diagnosis on my end is hardly possible without direct access to the device.

But - I have some hints for you:
- disconnect from the online account and reconnect from within Anti-Theft (Anti-Theft -> avast! Account)
- try to connect through different internet connections (other WiFi's for example)
- make sure you have the latest Version of avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed.
- if you can't manage to connect  to the online account it's not /that/ bad. In case of emergency - when the phone gets lost - I would recommend using SMS commands anyway. They are much more reliable and work even without internet access.

SMS commands and how to use them are explained in our manual:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

I also experience some commands not going through on my private device. If I try a day or an hour later - it works. The problem isn't on your, or our side.
It's Google Cloud to Device Messaging - a service provided by google that we use to communicate with the installation.
Sometimes the command messages don't make it to the device and the command just times out. Or the command message arrives at the device, the command is executed - but the return message (confirming the reception) doesn't arrive at the server.
It's actually a google problem - we can hardly improve this.

regards,
Werner