Author Topic: why no answer when we send new virus to avast?  (Read 2982 times)

wetabax

why no answer when we send new virus to avast?
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:32:51 AM »
I've already sent two new viruses or possible viruses to virus@avast.com, exactly as notified - zipped with password infected.

I would like to know why I never get an answer like: yes, it's a virus, or no, it's not, or thank you for your post, or something else.

thanks and sorry about the OT.

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
Re: why no answer when we send new virus to avast?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 03:39:34 AM »
Because if they reply every emails with archives, they lost important time. That time they use it to make virus signatures quickly(ASAP). What you think is more important make virus signature ASAP or reply emails?
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

MFB

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 05:26:23 AM »
I've already sent two new viruses or possible viruses to virus@avast.com, exactly as notified - zipped with password infected.

I would like to know why I never get an answer like: yes, it's a virus, or no, it's not, or thank you for your post, or something else.

thanks and sorry about the OT.

I'm well sure that they are taking care of your possibly infected file.  Sometimes they won't have time to reply to you but I'm positive that they'll put it on the next update or not. 

wetabax

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:09:10 PM »
When I was McAffe and AVG user, they always made both: update data files and sent email with information about virus or not in the received file(s).

It could be a "robot" email: Thanks for your e-mail... we are checking... etc etc...
and if it is a positive, another "robot" email: attached file in your email is positive, please check new virus-signatures, or something like this.

Two tasks in keyboard pressed and 2 emails sent. "IT" makes miracles.

It's not so much time as you think. And a good image for the company.

only my opinion.
regards,
w.