Poll

Do you think Avast home should have all the features of the Pro version?

yes
0 (0%)
no
15 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 25, 2005, 02:47:18 AM

Author Topic: Features in Avast home  (Read 12278 times)

joooo

Re: Features in Avast home
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 04:11:54 PM »
What I want to say with "prettier" is: 
That the simple interface has prettier icons and buttons, as what it was mentioned that in the next update avast will have better icons.

joooo

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 04:15:18 PM »
Nowadays anti-virus is with interfaces more easy to use and friendlier, I know that it said this other times but I find that I would be excellent avast to have an interface thus.

justin1278

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 04:33:39 PM »
as long as the interface is easy to understand than it is no problem. Now if it has a good looking interface and is easy to understand than great but it is not likely. Thats what i like about avast because you can change the interface with new skins.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 04:40:30 PM »
Exactly Justin1278... good point. And I also tried to give my best to offer as many as possible different skins. I made this post in another thread today as well... and I posted some pictures (shrinked) of those skins that I tried to give a little bit more professional feeling to it. I don't know if I suceeded 100%, but at least I know I gave my best...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=16600.msg140972#msg140972

@ Joooo - Of course, here is a thread where I posted all those new icons I made for avast! On-Access Scanner panel... it's just up to Alwil if they want to take my offer. Here they are, pretty and free...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.msg136747#msg136747

Cheers !
Sasha
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

joooo

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 06:56:35 PM »
With these new icons avast will go to be very better.
 A question when will only be the launching of the new update that will have these new icons?

joooo

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 06:57:52 PM »
Has possibility of the simple interface of avast home change?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 03:11:58 AM »
Why don't you download one of the available skins?
Why don't you use the skinless (ashsimp2.exe) application?
Why don't you stop asking the same again and again?
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 05:04:15 AM »
Why don't you download one of the available skins?
Why don't you use the skinless (ashsimp2.exe) application?
Why don't you stop asking the same again and again?

Hey Tech you know what joooo really need?

Dam! the gif picture won't show up, I was trying to show a little picture of smiley shoot him/her self in the head.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 05:08:05 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 02:52:39 PM »
Hey Tech you know what joooo really need?
He does not listen us... sometimes I do not listen him...
Speedy, yes, I know  ;D
The best things in life are free.

internetworld7

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 09:42:58 PM »
Are you kidding?   :o

For free antivirus, doesn't avast! home edition offer you enough protection? for me avast! home with its fast and reliable update mechanism are more enough.

Alternatively, if you want the world-class-full-featued antivirus you can get eTrust EZ Antivirus from CA one year for free, over 95% of fortune 500 companies use CA software, shouldn't you?  ;D

http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

LOL. eTrust EZ Antiviurs has an awful user interface and performed very lack luster when I tried it. Also it never ranks well by independent reviews found at sites such as pcmag.com, pcworld.com, cnet.com and etc.

When I last used it, it was only compatible with IE and not Firefox which is terrible because no one should be using IE as their default browser when you compare the two together. If you combine avast! which supports both Firefox and Opera you have a much more secure environment. Neither Firefox nor Opera use Active X controls or BHOs. Did you know that other big name antivirus companies such as McAfee and Norton only provide full support for an outdated browser such as IE. avast! stepped up to the plate and is ahead of the "Big Money" companies by providing this support. Bigger doesn't mean better, especially when it comes to software. Norton and McAfee are much bigger than Computer Associates when it comes to revenue and worldwide use.  However, I would use eTrust Antivirus over McAfee and Norton for several reasons but thank God for avast!, the cream of the crop. ;)

MFB

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2005, 11:44:05 PM »
Alternatively, if you want the world-class-full-featued antivirus you can get eTrust EZ Antivirus from CA one year for free, over 95% of fortune 500 companies use CA software, shouldn't you?  Grin

If you want EZ Armor (Firewall and Antivirus) and a lifetime subscription for free, get Roadrunner High Speed Internet.   ;D

justin1278

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 11:54:56 PM »
There is no need to we have avast.