Author Topic: avast! Killer  (Read 13998 times)

mhd

avast! Killer
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:15:23 PM »
Hi all

While I was surfing the net, I found this topic, its author claims that he developed a code that it can be integrated with any virus or Trojan to stop  avast! processes and attacks the system.

I tried to attach with this topic two versions of that code, the first is written for avast!. The second is written for Kaspersky. Unfortunately, the forum doesn’t accept exe files.

The original topic is in Arabic: http://umm.biz/index.php?showtopic=18066

kamulko

Re: avast! Killer
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:12:38 AM »
This site is something like a trap, I think. See the message I received by my browser:

kamulko

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 12:18:53 AM »
Traceroute and Whois of this website. Is localized in the USA; the registrant is an Arabic person.

FIRST 2 SCREENSHOTS

kamulko

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 12:19:58 AM »
second group...

kamulko

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 12:21:02 AM »
last group...

MFB

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 12:44:19 AM »
Hi all

While I was surfing the net, I found this topic, its author claims that he developed a code that it can be integrated with any virus or Trojan to stop  avast! processes and attacks the system.

I tried to attach with this topic two versions of that code, the first is written for avast!. The second is written for Kaspersky. Unfortunately, the forum doesn’t accept exe files.

The original topic is in Arabic: http://umm.biz/index.php?showtopic=18066

Agree. I recieved that note as well.  If he made a code that can stop avast!  why did he brag about it to the public?   ::)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 07:59:07 AM »
Code that can stop avast! ? Wow he must be a real genious ::) If people can kill Norton, then i really don't see why they couldn't avast!
I have researched this part long time ago. Actually when i started with AEC project.
Technically you can cripple any antivirus very easily, so crippling avast! is nothing special imo.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 08:15:44 AM »
Jotti says its all clean.

Maybe alwil will want to put this in the virus database?  ::)

Doesn't seem to work though
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 05:21:04 PM by xistenz »

Fast

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 01:35:43 PM »
Hey guys. I'm not sure what the policy of the Avast! forum is concerning this kind of issues, but I for myself am not really fond of posting active links to malware here.
If you feel you must post issues like this, why not cripple the link so no accidental clicks are possible ?

I don't like this at all...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 01:39:47 PM by Fast »

mhd

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 02:10:34 PM »
If he made a code that can stop avast!  why did he brag about it to the public?   ::)
Because there was a challenge between him and another member in that forum.

Later, he announced another developed code that can stop avast!, I uploaded the files on my web space so you can check it on your systems, it doesn’t do any thing to your machine except shutting down avast!.

avast! Killer: http://files.mnm.hajznet.com/avast/AvasatKiller2.exe
Kaspersky Killer: http://files.mnm.hajznet.com/avast/KasperKiller.exe

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 04:18:42 PM »
Hi folks,

I second Fasts opinion, no linking, not even deep linking to malware sites. We must protect our fellow posters, curiosity killed the cat says a good English saying. I think it is a brag really, a few alterations to a hosts file and I have killed whatever security program that links to me. Small hype. More interesting for us "What are the backgrounds, what's the way of infection, a  way to understand what happens, and most of all how to protect ourselves and others. The contents and mechanism of the vulnerability is interesting, not the working of it. Not the OMGF's (Oh My Grandfather's) but the OINFUW (Oh I Now Fully Understand Why).

Greets,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

mhd

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 08:47:25 PM »
Hi all

I am glad to announce that avast! released a cure for that code. In spite it doesn't do any thing harmful for your machine (except it shuts down avast!), avast! alerts you about it.

Thank you avast for your fast respond.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 11:06:39 PM »
This is now the advantage of ZA6 when I tried to run this (system restored, all spyware tools at the ready, yesterdays backup to hand) I got a pop up (dangerous actions) informing me that avastkiller was trying to shutdown ashserve.  So I said no way Jose (I think thats how you spell it).  ZA6 is now looking much better than I originally thought.  Live dangerously - I reformat every 6 months anyhow -  ;D ;D

MFB

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 03:33:58 AM »
This is now the advantage of ZA6 when I tried to run this (system restored, all spyware tools at the ready, yesterdays backup to hand) I got a pop up (dangerous actions) informing me that avastkiller was trying to shutdown ashserve.  So I said no way Jose (I think thats how you spell it).  ZA6 is now looking much better than I originally thought.  Live dangerously - I reformat every 6 months anyhow -  ;D ;D
The new Zone Alarm 6 seem to cover avast!'s back now.   ;D

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
stop unprotected service and program ... rofl ... that's special code? :) .... haha good joke really ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive