Author Topic: Stall of AvastEmUpdate.exe Because of MVPS hosts file Confirmed Fixed  (Read 2023 times)

NoelC

I just went through a Change operation of Avast to research another post, and it ended up completing an update including a run of AvastEmUpdate.exe.  At first I wondered if it would hang, since it stopped on that step for a few seconds, but then it completed.

I'm happy about that.

-Noel

JonM

Re: Stall of AvastEmUpdate.exe Because of MVPS hosts file Confirmed Fixed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
Same here.  After seeing your note, I tried a clean install on a Windows 7 SP1 virtual machine, using the 9.0.2011.263 Avast Free installer.  The installation seemed to hesitate for a moment on AvastEmUpdate.exe /Installer (or maybe it was /Install), but after a few seconds, the installation completed successfully.  (I don't run MVPS, but I do filtering on my router, running a script that blocks ads based on a list of ad servers at pgl.yoyo.org.)

HA Nut

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »
Did anyone from AVAST ever officially verify any of the hosts file issues? If not, that would be very disappointing! Even if they did fix it.

NoelC

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:02:03 AM »
Someone from Avast did acknowledge that there was a problem, and I believe they said they'd work on it.  I've lost track of the specific thread; it seems to me it may have been one of the pinned ones.

-Noel