Author Topic: Please do something about this "Safezone"  (Read 2164 times)

Azrider

Please do something about this "Safezone"
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
I'm on Windows 7 and I'm having issues since this update a few nights ago. I don't like the Safezone drop down, it's so annoying and distracting. Plus, there isn't even an option to disable it. I don't WANT  to switch to Avast. I liked it the way it was. Sometimes what you might think is better isn't. I've loved Avast and have had it for years but I am seriously considering letting it lapse if this is what I have to contend with. I might have to do a restore to before this update until my subscription lapses.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Please do something about this "Safezone"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »
Cant safezone be removed via Programs And Features ? double click avast then choose change and untick what you don't want.

yamiacaveman

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »
I have nothing in Avast Premier that allows mew to turn off Safe Zone -- I can reset it but cannot find a place to turn it off.

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »
I have nothing in Avast Premier that allows mew to turn off Safe Zone -- I can reset it but cannot find a place to turn it off.

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Avast > Change/Repair > Select " Change"  there you can remove unwanted features.

Safe Zone works fine and I suspect the drop down you mention is from the browser protection add on, which has its own settings menu within your browser.

yamiacaveman

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »
Thanks AdrianH,

Yes I did eventually find out about the change in the control panel and also in the browser settings.

Really, thanks for your help.

If I can only find a way to import my passwords into Safezone I would probably use it -- I use a password generator for many of my important sites and that means long, complicated, and none meaningful password - Logging in to Safezone eliminates anyway for me to apply these passwords, except by writing them down and entering them manually- Unless there is a different way that I am not aware of.

Again thanks!!!!

yamiacaveman