Author Topic: All my apps are malware  (Read 3145 times)

Kornclown

All my apps are malware
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »
Hello,
I've been using avast! Mobile security for quite a while now and never had problems with it but today when I opened my app "Quizduell" it told me that theres Malware in it. When I tried to google with my Google-Search App it closed the app and told me that this had a virus in it too. After trying 2 other apps which were seemingly also malware I opened Avast to see what was the problem and it seemed like one of the premium functions was about to report every app on my phone as a some kind of malicious app.
I've removed the app for now but I'm a little worried if there's actually some kind of virus on my phone that infects my apps. It looked like none of the reports in avast were about the same malware... Is there a way to check my phone?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: All my apps are malware
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatelly wrong virus definitions have been released for a brief amount of time. We are working on a fix and once it is released, I'll let you know (so you can manually check for updates and don't have to wait for the automatic process to kick in).

Filip

chrisells

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
Hi,

unfortunatelly wrong virus definitions have been released for a brief amount of time. We are working on a fix and once it is released, I'll let you know (so you can manually check for updates and don't have to wait for the automatic process to kick in).

Filip

Please can I be informed when this has been resolved as well please.

Regards,

Chris

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »
Hello,
update the VPS to 14010901, please.

Milos

Kornclown

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »
I'm glad that this has been fixed, I hope therer won't be a issue like that in the future.