Author Topic: Help urgently needed  (Read 9760 times)

nilesh636

Help urgently needed
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
hi guys
suddenly my phone started blinking with a message Xperia HomeTM V3.1.A.0.14
                                                                                          Force close

How can i unistall my Xperia ??
I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V
and its also showing 5 problems found.

Pl help guys urgently

Rt in advance
Regards
Nilesh

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Help urgently needed
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatelly wrong virus definitions have been released for a brief amount of time. We are working on a fix and once it is released, I'll let you know (so you can manually check for updates and don't have to wait for the automatic process to kick in).

Filip

nilesh636

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »
Pl reply how to uninstall it...

i cant do anything on my phone...

Regards
Nilesh

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »
Hi,

there should be "Ignore" option at the bottom of the detecion dialog. After that, you can go to AMS and turn off App Shield - Scan on execution temporarily until we fix the issue to make your device usable again.

You install Mobile Security the normal way you uninstall all the other apps. Don't forget that Anti-Theft is a separate app and has to be treated like that.

Filip

nilesh636

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:31:21 AM »
thers is no ignore option
its just (uninstall ) (info)
and
allow for 15 minutes

just that no ignore option..

nilesh636

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »
okk
got it

turned off the App shield

thanks

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
Hello,
update the VPS to 14010901, please.

Milos

Uko

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
Hey guys, you should come out with a better solution and excuse than that provided.
When I noticed that I have malware on my device I didn't looked deeper what’s this all about until the amount of problems was about 20. At first I started a salvage and recovery operation and changing passwords everywhere as I have 5 devices using AVAST. I am involved in network security myself so I take this kind of information very seriously.
You should at least send out a mail to your customers about that issue with instructions how to solve that problem! I had real struggle with my devices as I am using AVAST fully with firewall, antitheft, pack up and so on.
ATM I don’t know if my devices are secure and if you are able to protect them!

This is not how I imagine how support works people! As I am a customer I would like to get more info on that!

Offline Blobba

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »
A wrong Virus definition was rolled out. You need to update to the latest virus version as described by Milos. This will fix the problem.

-> 140109-01

susanhigbot

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
What's AMS? Application Manager System? The one of the phone or in the avast software?
I have no idea how to turn off the App Shield?
I completely agree with Uko, bad bad customer service!!!

Susan

Offline Blobba

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
The issue was already fixed. You just need to updated your virus definition to the latest version.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:01:50 PM by Blobba »

9janvier2014

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »
And how exactly do I update my virus definition, please?

Offline Blobba

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »
open Avast -> goto Settings -> Update -> check for updates

9janvier2014

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »
Thank you very much!

Uko

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »

Just to clarify...with restricting access to apps it’s quite difficult to UPDATE if the pin entry gets interrupted all the time!

I got that part now and I managed to delete AVAST after ignoring all the issues one by one, but as I was not a forum member until now and it was not my first concern to check the forum I started to deal with the issue as I would do in real case.
I investigated the issue as it was more than one problem listed by AVAST on my device so I shut down the network connectivity of the phone, shut down the phone and remove SIM, start the phone in recovery mode and investigate.
But as I use security pin and have locked access to certain menu items it was really difficult to understand at first hand what’s going on as AVAST virus scan interrupted the pin entry to access the phone settings all the time. And by that time while ignoring all the messages I realized it has to be an issue on the application side and then I checked the forum.
In parallel I started to change passwords like google and etc. I am not happy by doing that as I use 2 step verification and I have several devices using my google account!

I do like AVAST generally but I am not happy about that event and the support provided.