Author Topic: Can Not Get Throught To Support  (Read 5807 times)

RocketNut

Can Not Get Throught To Support
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:41:58 PM »
When I try to submit a ticket I get an error (please see attached screen shot) and yes I logged into my account before entering the ticket. I also tried to call them with out success.

Can some one help me.

RocketNut

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
Re: Can Not Get Throught To Support
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
maybe a server problem?

have you tried posting your problem here .....the problem before the ticket problem that is  ;D

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
Well you have found support here!

What issues are you experiencing?
Please include OS, other security software and what version of avast.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

RocketNut

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 07:11:54 PM »
I'm not having issues with AVAST it self. I need to return (for lack of terms) GRIME FIGHTER. I bought it yesterday while at a coffee shop which has WiFi Hot Spot and worked fine. I noticed that I had to use there WiFi to get Grime to work. This morning I tried it again at home resulting in system brain freeze (requiring cyclicaling power) . I get my internet access through a 4G USB modem (which I'm using now for this post). It comes on line when Windows (7 ProHome 64bit) is up and running. Meaning Grime does not see an internet connection.

So I want to talk to someone to see if I can get a refund and how to remove it from my system. It is useless if I have travel to a WiFi Hot Spot to use it.

RocketNut

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:14:51 PM by RocketNut »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »
Do you want your issue fixed or do you want a refund?

If you want a refund use this form.
Include all pertinent information, date of sale, receipt number, reason for refund request.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:38:55 PM »
Enable "load avast services only after loading other system services" in the settings menu > troubleshooting.
Does that solve the problem ?
If yes, you may want to use StartUpDelayer

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »
I'm not having issues with AVAST it self. I need to return (for lack of terms) GRIME FIGHTER. I bought it yesterday while at a coffee shop which has WiFi Hot Spot and worked fine. I noticed that I had to use there WiFi to get Grime to work. This morning I tried it again at home resulting in system brain freeze (requiring cyclicaling power) . I get my internet access through a 4G USB modem (which I'm using now for this post). It comes on line when Windows (7 ProHome 64bit) is up and running. Meaning Grime does not see an internet connection.

So I want to talk to someone to see if I can get a refund and how to remove it from my system. It is useless if I have travel to a WiFi Hot Spot to use it.

RocketNut

From what link did you purchase Grime Fighter?  I don't see it offered on the official Avast site.  The requirement to connect thru a certain public wifi is also suspect.  Perhaps it is malware and not an official offering.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

RocketNut

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:49:55 AM »
A Avast pop up told me about an since I just axed Advanced System Optimizer (lots of problems) so I thought I would try Grime. Here is a link to it http://www.avast.com/grimefighter-intro. All I am looking for is what options I have.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:04:19 AM by RocketNut »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
My suggestion is to read this thread before using/trying GrimeFighter:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141747.msg1029838#msg1029838

RocketNut

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »
My suggestion is to read this thread before using/trying GrimeFighter:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141747.msg1029838#msg1029838

Thank you for the link. I wish I know and have read  it before jumping.

RocketNut

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
3 days and no responce except for a email bot. Boy was I suckered into buying it. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »
3 days and no responce except for a email bot. Boy was I suckered into buying it. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

It was a weekend.

They should be in touch soon enough.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •