Author Topic: Compatibility with 8SMS under Kitkat 4.4.2  (Read 1978 times)

richard_ger

Compatibility with 8SMS under Kitkat 4.4.2
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
HI,

I have the latest version of Antitheft installed. I use 8SMS (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thinkleft.eightyeightsms.mms) als working alternative for the broken Hangout App the device (Nexus 5) came with.

Is Antitheft compatible with 8SMS? I just forgot my phone 100 miles away and it seens that the app is doing nothing.
I issued <PASSCODE> CC ALL +491234567890 followed five min. later by an sms and a test-call (that is obviously not answered). By now I received NOTHING at +491234567890

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: Compatibility with 8SMS under Kitkat 4.4.2
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
Hi,

I think that since KitKat you have to use binary SMS, meaning you can't send regular messages, but have to use the SMS client in Mobile Security app. (I think the common SMS should still work, but your the messages including your PIN will be visible on the target device). Try the Mobile Security app if you can to see if that works.

Filip

richard_ger

Re: Compatibility with 8SMS under Kitkat 4.4.2
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
Thank you for the information.

At the moment it does not help me, because I forgot my phone at a remote location and try to control it remotely by the old fashioned SMS commands. The location itself is safe. So I don't care about PIN visibility - at the moment.