Author Topic: Can't send email in Hotmail Outlook account  (Read 5835 times)

TonyW1967

Can't send email in Hotmail Outlook account
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
OK, I've searched on this topic, but nothing that mirrors what I am seeing has turned up..... I have had Avast installed for a year now, never any problems until a couple of days ago. Specifically, I cannot send emails or 'reply all' in my Hotmail Outlook email. I do receive emails, and everything works perfectly when I temporarily turn Avast off. When I turn Avast back on, the problems reappear. When I click on the reply all button, some dotted lines traverse the screen from left to right at the top of the Outlook email folder.....

Incidentally, my wife told me that 2 days ago there were a number of Avast pop-ups appearing on the screen, but she doesn't recall what they were concerning, but something to do with blocking something, and they were very repetitive.

I have checked the POP Settings in Outlook and changed to AUTO, and yesterday that appeared to fix the issue, but this morning the same issue appears.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
Re: Can't send email in Hotmail Outlook account
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
try avast repair

controlpanel > ad/remove programs > avast > uninstall/change > repair option...wait a minute and reboot

any change?

TonyW1967

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:26:49 PM »
Thanks, I'll do that when I get home this evening....

thekochs

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »
You may want to also look in the Virus chest and see if something was put there during the "block".
I'm only guessing.....and not an expert.....but if this worked for a good while and only does not work now after a "block" then Avast may have caught some items and not others.....which are now blocking email.  Of course this does not really explain if you turn Avast off things works.  Anyway, just a thought on Virus chest.

If you do want/need to go down the virus removal route here is the Avast How-To: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0