Author Topic: How do I stop the warnings for emails?  (Read 3045 times)

Laurey

How do I stop the warnings for emails?
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:29:03 AM »
Hello - I am sure there is a setting that does not require me to sit and watch as emails are downloaded, just in case there is a suspect email and a warning pops up and asks me to click 'delete' ... Can I not set it to automatically delete it on arrival - ie not warning me and prompting me, so that I can be elsewhere when malignant emails try to come in? Thanks!
LA ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I stop the warnings for emails?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 03:50:58 PM »
You can't delete automaticaly unless you are using the Pro version, with the home version they can be sen't to the chest.

Silent Mode

Personally I don't use silent mode, because I want to know what is going on with my system. If someone is getting so many warnings of virus infection, infected emails, etc. that they become intrusive, then it is time to review their security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Laurey

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 05:11:30 PM »
Thank you so much - you answered my question perfectly!!!
 :-*

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 06:08:49 PM »
No Problem, happy to help.

You might want to spend a little time browsing the avast help file it is very helpful and best read before you encounter any problems and get the best out of avast.

Extract from avast help file:
"Silent" mode. It is useful mainly for server operating systems. This option ensures that the resident protection will not require any user interaction and will not display any windows. For this reason, it is not recommended to set "choose action" on the Virus page in silent mode, because the interactive action choice requires user interaction of course. It is better to preset some particular action, such as deleting the file or moving it to Chest.
With answer Yes (OK). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied Yes. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the OK button will be simulated.
With answer No (Cancel). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied No. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the Delete button will be simulated (i.e. the infected file will be deleted).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security