Author Topic: Why are there folders in diff parts of the computer that i can't delete  (Read 1754 times)

augustus

They seem like system folders it's name is "System volume information", they produce a bunch of jibber jabbish which is even unreadble with any type of word file openers
 and antivirus scans doesn't detect them and i have deleted them manually like 5 times but still there. I'd appreciate if anyone would look into this matter, if they are genuine system folders or viruses
Thanks

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
That is where your system restore files are held :)  So every time you delete them you are breaking that system restore point, hence very few AV's will touch those files.  They are legitimate

augustus

OHhhhh I see, but why are they like that; it's just completely unreadable, do they have to make it appear like that, like some kinda alien language

augustus

And why is the log file named "tracking"

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
OHhhhh I see, but why are they like that; it's just completely unreadable, do they have to make it appear like that, like some kinda alien language
ask Bill Gates   ;)

what is System volume information   http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=System+volume+information

augustus

Lol yeahhhh i should i'll call his phone number by six and half seven nine eight five four zero and half one, funny
thanx